Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Idiot kids who over-idolize their girlfriends / boyfriends... watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Areyoukidding?)
    You'll often hear them saying some mindblowing idiot **** like "MY BOYFRIEND IS LIKE A PART OF MY SOUL!!! I'D DIE WITHOUT HIM!!!" and then even stuff along the lines of "MY PARENTS KNOW NOT TO MAKE ME CHOOSE BETWEEN THEM AND MY LOVE, BECAUSE THEY'D LOSE!!"

Hey, retards. Here's the scoop: Your boyfriend / girlfriend probably doesn't give half as much of a **** about you as you claim to about them. You've watched too many sickly-sweet little High School rom coms in your time, and you now believe that you're part of something deep and moving at the ripe old age of 18. Realistically you'll probably be broken up within the year and your precious "soul's desire" will be plowing or getting plowed by someone else.

No one wants to hear how "wildly in love" you think you are. So blow it out your ass.

Your completely and utterly right, I don't for one second think you are a sceptic or a 56 year old male nudist internet predator who never got any. To be honest when I hear these type of people talk I just encourage it because I know it will come crashing down on them eventually. Its wrong and immature but its so embarrassing listening to them spraff all the ****.

Maybe I am the sceptic 56 year old. But atleast I have a grasp on tangible reality and don't live in this romantasized fantasy.

Okay my post is very polar. I don't know what I am.

I'll just leave...

ReputationRep:
    relationships are **** cos no matter what youll get hurt
    SOOO yeah i get why not to have them
    but the right persons amazing
    however when you get those 12 year olds going on about how theyre so in love, im sick in my mouth a little bit

ReputationRep:
    Get help asap.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ipulledhermione)
    Your completely and utterly right, I don't for one second think you are a sceptic or a 56 year old male nudist internet predator who never got any. To be honest when I hear these type of people talk I just encourage it because I know it will come crashing down on them eventually. Its wrong and immature but its so embarrassing listening to them spraff all the ****.

Maybe I am the sceptic 56 year old. But atleast I have a grasp on tangible reality and don't live in this romantasized fantasy.

Okay my post is very polar. I don't know what I am.

I'll just leave...
    WHAT AM I?
    http://i806.photobucket.com/albums/y...mione/LOVE.jpg

I think it's cute to be honest. But what I can't stand is PDA. :eek:

ReputationRep:
    I understand what you mean, this 16 year old girl on the bus keeps talking to me about her 5 month relationship with her boyfriend and says they are getting married. Though she barely knows him.

(Original post by spacepirate-James)
    Although I agree with you in theory, I would have probably phrased it a bit lighter...

Also, someone seems to be bitter? Or jealous? :p:
    :ditto:

I reckon bitter...OP obv got dumped :console:

Yeah, stupid kids :hmpf:

ReputationRep:
    One of my friends does this on Facebook all the time - she is 18. But then, she has been in a relationship for 2 years, and has a kid with the guy she is always gushing about.

If people want to wear their hearts on their sleeves, and have good reason to, why should we complain? :dontknow:

(I do agree in the context of small children and week-long relationships, however. Ffs, grow up.)

ReputationRep:
    You'll often hear them saying some mindblowing idiot **** like "MY BOYFRIEND IS LIKE A PART OF MY SOUL!!! I'D DIE WITHOUT HIM!!!" and then even stuff along the lines of "MY PARENTS KNOW NOT TO MAKE ME CHOOSE BETWEEN THEM AND MY LOVE, BECAUSE THEY'D LOSE!!"

Hey, retards. Here's the scoop: Your boyfriend / girlfriend probably doesn't give half as much of a **** about you as you claim to about them. You've watched too many sickly-sweet little High School rom coms in your time, and you now believe that you're part of something deep and moving at the ripe old age of 18. Realistically you'll probably be broken up within the year and your precious "soul's desire" will be plowing or getting plowed by someone else.

No one wants to hear how "wildly in love" you think you are. So blow it out your ass.
    Yep, you're right. I'd rep you if I had any left today.

ReputationRep:
    I love my boyfriend. He is perfect. He is gorgeous and loving and kind and adorable and funny.
    I love him so much He is wonderful, we are wonderful. All is happy with the world. I will love him forever. :heart: :heart: :heart:

MUHAHAHA

TAKE THAT, *****ES!

:hoppy:

EDIT: OP you just have to accept it is the natural place of single people to patronise and belittle couples with their cynicism and "worldly knowledge" (this applies especially to those who have experienced failed romance) and so in turn, it is practically the duty of the love crazed to get you back by sickening you with their "wuv" and public snogging matches and so on..

You just swap sides every now and again that's all.

ReputationRep:

Ryt.i lyk u. +ve rep coming up(u jus gta tell me hw to do it)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BeanofJelly)
    I love my boyfriend. He is perfect. He is gorgeous and loving and kind and adorable and funny.
    I love him so much He is wonderful, we are wonderful. All is happy with the world. I will love him forever. :heart: :heart: :heart:

MUHAHAHA

TAKE THAT, *****ES!

:hoppy:

Yea, good one!!!
    And i suppose pigz fly as well....

ReputationRep:
    Someone seems slightly bitter.. :hehe:

ReputationRep:
    I think people should be allowed to express their feelings, I mean love can make people act in ways that some would deem crazy or annoying. They're just too fixated on their loved one to notice.

I mean I do love my boyfriend, he got me out of an abusive relationship, but all the facebook statuses are not needed. People just love to talk about something that makes them happy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SpiritedAway)
    My mum met my dad when she was 14, married at 17 and are still together at 36, so I think you're being a bit melodramatic.
    what are the chances of that happening nowadays? very rare imho. =/
    a very small minority, if anything.

Did your girlfriend just break up with you?

ReputationRep:
    :no: She was pregnant by chance, but he proposed before either of them found out :awesome:.
    that is quite a coincidence :eek:

My point being, that some warrant it, because it could actually be true. I fell for my guy the first time I met him, and although everything may or may not be tinted rose at the moment (we have been together just little over 7 months), I can honestly say that I would not be happy, living my life without him. Yes, okay, there are people that fall in love with everyone they meet and date, which makes people sceptical. But sometimes it isn't so, and if two people want to make a relationship work, I don't see why it can't.
    nope, none warrant it because even if they do stay together they would (mostly) still survive if they didn't, it wouldn't be the absolute end of the world. It wouldn't cause them to cease living and they would most likely find another partner and be just as happy given time. There is no 'soul mate', there is no "I can't live without you"
    you probably wouldn't be happy if he dumped you now, no. But in a years time? I bet you'd be at least considering someone else and if not then be happy on your own living your own life. in five years time I'd be amazed if you hadn't had similar feelings for someone else.

if two people want to make a relationship work I have no problem with it, I hope to make my own current relationship work (just like the last...) but I accept that it may not and that if the day comes when we part that I will be upset and then move on. I'm not about to sit around moping for the rest of my life because there's only one man out there who could possibly make me happy and now he's gone.
    not to mention that even if two people really want to make it work, sometimes it just can't. Sometimes two people have goals that are too far apart, sometimes two people find themselves arguing more than is worth, sometimes those two people find they're just too different in the ways they live. And, more often than not, one party is just more dedicated than the other, and I don't believe in making all the sacrifices because you want to make a relationship work, I believe in being happy!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by death.drop)
    that is quite a coincidence :eek:

nope, none warrant it because even if they do stay together they would (mostly) still survive if they didn't, it wouldn't be the absolute end of the world. It wouldn't cause them to cease living and they would most likely find another partner and be just as happy given time. There is no 'soul mate', there is no "I can't live without you"
    you probably wouldn't be happy if he dumped you now, no. But in a years time? I bet you'd be at least considering someone else and if not then be happy on your own living your own life. in five years time I'd be amazed if you hadn't had similar feelings for someone else.

if two people want to make a relationship work I have no problem with it, I hope to make my own current relationship work (just like the last...) but I accept that it may not and that if the day comes when we part that I will be upset and then move on. I'm not about to sit around moping for the rest of my life because there's only one man out there who could possibly make me happy and now he's gone.
    not to mention that even if two people really want to make it work, sometimes it just can't. Sometimes two people have goals that are too far apart, sometimes two people find themselves arguing more than is worth, sometimes those two people find they're just too different in the ways they live. And, more often than not, one party is just more dedicated than the other, and I don't believe in making all the sacrifices because you want to make a relationship work, I believe in being happy!!!
    Some people might not be able to live without each other. A good friend of mine, after his girlfriend broke up with him, tried to jump off a bridge on the M62 (or maybe it was the M1 :erm:). They are now engaged :yep:. Of course he was clinically depressed and ended up sectioned in Manchester :erm:.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by awais590)
    what are the chances of that happening nowadays? very rare imho. =/
    a very small minority, if anything.
    No really, it was only 19 years ago, so it wasn't so long ago :no:.

My mum met my dad when she was 14, married at 17 and are still together at 36, so I think you're being a bit melodramatic.
    Dat is a suuper rare occurance tho.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 3, 2010
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.