Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hello all!

This is driving me crazy. I'm working the other side of the world right now, so not only am I waiting to hear about interviews/places for university, but I have booked my time home based around the interview dates for University of Nottingham (my first choice) and if I get other interviews I don't know if I'll be able to reschedule my flights or the interviews. I can't do anything until I hear and I fly home on 19 February.

Has anyone heard back from University of Leeds, University of Manchester, University of York or University of Nottingham for Child Nursing?

H

ReputationRep:
    Well if they offer you an interview you can say you can't make that date and rearrange. However, it's how long is a piece of string..i think they have another 2-3 months until the deadline is for when they get back to you! Childrens nursing at notts, has around 20 places- and A LOT of applicants, so be patient! The deadline for applications has only just gone!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Subcutaneous)
    Childrens nursing at notts, has around 20 places- and A LOT of applicants, so be patient!!
    There's actually only 12 places for this year's intake, I've applied there too and went for the visit day last week.. They said we'd hear back in about 2 weeks from our visit if we have a place or not, don't think they're doing very many more dates either as the course is so small!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by scottiex)
    There's actually only 12 places for this year's intake, I've applied there too and went for the visit day last week.. They said we'd hear back in about 2 weeks from our visit if we have a place or not, don't think they're doing very many more dates either as the course is so small!
    12 for the child nursing degree? Oh geez! Did you interview during your visit? They told me before I applied that they were holding interviews the week beginning 22 February.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by helen_says)
    12 for the child nursing degree? Oh geez! Did you interview during your visit? They told me before I applied that they were holding interviews the week beginning 22 February.
    No no, 12 for the Masters course, don't panic! On a side note though.. I didn't think Notts were starting their degree courses until 2012?

ReputationRep:
    No no, 12 for the Masters course, don't panic! On a side note though.. I didn't think Notts were starting their degree courses until 2012?

Oh PHEW! I was panicking there. Still, as my friend reminds me, I only need one place. Notts currently have a Diploma/degree set up. So, as long as you get the grades, your first year is a diploma, then you take extra classes in your second year and your third year is a degree year. You finish with an honours degree. It's a great set up, entry wise and financially.

ReputationRep:

yeah they say 12, take on 20 and the rest drop out- 12 is actually for second year

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by helen_says)
    Oh PHEW! I was panicking there. Still, as my friend reminds me, I only need one place. Notts currently have a Diploma/degree set up. So, as long as you get the grades, your first year is a diploma, then you take extra classes in your second year and your third year is a degree year. You finish with an honours degree. It's a great set up, entry wise and financially.

yeah definately, although the extra module in 2nd year is tough! Much rather be doing this than the masters though, as i'd qualify sooner and be able to get a proper masters the year after!

ReputationRep:
    Well, I didn't get an interview/place for Nottingham

Not a great start to the responses, but I think Notts had the most competition for places, so hopefully I'll have more luck with the others!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 3, 2010

University open days

1. Norwich University of the Arts
    Postgraduate Open Days Postgraduate
    Thu, 19 Jul '18
  2. University of Sunderland
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 19 Jul '18
  3. Plymouth College of Art
    All MA Programmes Postgraduate
    Thu, 19 Jul '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.