The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Ohhh

3 credits @ Merit
12 credits @ Distinction

Waiting for exam, presentation and essay grades back over next couple of weeks too!
Currently... (Off the top of my head)
3 credits @ Lvl 3, Merit
3 credits @ lvl 3, Distinction
3 credits @ lvl 3, pass (sociology :o:)

Waiting for a 6 credit Psychology essay back (on track for a merit at lvl 3), confirmation of the sociology, and a couple more essays.
Reply 3
3 @ P
15 @ M
6 @ D

24 so far.

i love my course
Reply 4
kiss_me_now9
Currently... (Off the top of my head)
3 credits @ Lvl 3, Merit
3 credits @ lvl 3, Distinction
3 credits @ lvl 3, pass (sociology :o:)

Waiting for a 6 credit Psychology essay back (on track for a merit at lvl 3), confirmation of the sociology, and a couple more essays.

What was question about for psychology and sociology? :biggrin:
slipend
What was question about for psychology and sociology? :biggrin:

Sociology is four mini-essays, one on common sense (already know I've got a pass in that, just!), Durkheim, Weber and Marx. We've been told that pretty much everyone in the class won't get higher than a pass @lvl 3 'cos we just don't get it! I'm so much more psychology orientated. Psychology was 'Outline and explain the four perspectives' :smile:
Reply 6
kiss_me_now9
Sociology is four mini-essays, one on common sense (already know I've got a pass in that, just!), Durkheim, Weber and Marx. We've been told that pretty much everyone in the class won't get higher than a pass @lvl 3 'cos we just don't get it! I'm so much more psychology orientated. Psychology was 'Outline and explain the four perspectives' :smile:

Ah nice, ours were very similar.

Sociology we had Outline and evaluate two sociological perspectives on the family, like functionalism.

and Psychology, which I don't really like, was pick a behaviour and apply a psychological perspective to it, like psychodynamic.
slipend
Ah nice, ours were very similar.

Sociology we had Outline and evaluate two sociological perspectives on the family, like functionalism.

and Psychology, which I don't really like, was pick a behaviour and apply a psychological perspective to it, like psychodynamic.

Hey, if you prefer sociology, you are more than welcome to do my assignments on it - and I'll do your psych ones?! God, I hate sociology so much. Poor mans psychology! :p:
Reply 8
kiss_me_now9
Hey, if you prefer sociology, you are more than welcome to do my assignments on it - and I'll do your psych ones?! God, I hate sociology so much. Poor mans psychology! :p:

:p:

hehe, do you have exams and presentations too?

I did a history exam today, and a sociology presentation last week. I think we also have a psychology presentation/essay worth 6 credits due end of March as well!
slipend
:p:

hehe, do you have exams and presentations too?

I did a history exam today, and a sociology presentation last week. I think we also have a psychology presentation/essay worth 6 credits due end of March as well!

Grape vine is we have a psychology test on this subject (cognition; memory) and we've done a few presentations in study skills (my merit and distinction! :biggrin:), one in psychology too. I'm a bit odd, I love doing presentations!
Reply 10
Yeah, I don't mind presentations too! I just want some more grades back now :P
Reply 11
So far, if I have remembered correctly;

- 11 credits at Distinction.
- 4 credits at Merit.
Reply 12
Many universities are asking for 45 @ merit + 15 @ distinction.

Brilliant that is me screwed then, only passed everything.:s-smilie:
Psylencia
Brilliant that is me screwed then, only passed everything.:s-smilie:

Depends what you've applied for. My offer from Bangor is to simply pass the course.
Reply 14
kiss_me_now9
Depends what you've applied for. My offer from Bangor is to simply pass the course.

Ahh *breaths sigh of relief*

I've applied to Winchester for Digital media Design. I'm banking on the fact that I travel for 5 hours a day simply to do an Access course in Art and design counting in my favour :woo:
Reply 15
Psylencia
Ahh *breaths sigh of relief*

I've applied to Winchester for Digital media Design. I'm banking on the fact that I travel for 5 hours a day simply to do an Access course in Art and design counting in my favour :woo:

now THAT is dedication! good luck x
Reply 16
under8ted
now THAT is dedication! good luck x

:shy2: Thank you, I also have 3 kids and a husband I fit around it... Yes I am crazy.
Reply 17
i have hubby and 3 kids too... but admittedly only have to drive 5 minutes up the road lol. good on you...you clearly mean business!
I will never, ever moan about my 1 and a half hour commute ever again! Props to you Psylencia!
Reply 19
kiss_me_now9
I will never, ever moan about my 1 and a half hour commute ever again! Props to you Psylencia!

Ahhh its not that bad I get up at 5:15, get myself together leave the house at 20 past 6, walk a mile to the bus-stop, take a 30-40 minute bus, get off get on another bus for 5 minutes, walk half a mile from that bus-stop to the train, get the 7:30 train, change get the 8:07 to my Uni's city, arrive in reading about half 8 and walk a mile and a half to the campus, usually get there just before 9....

Ok its horrendous but I keep telling myself its just 4 more months, just 4 more months

*rocks back and forth* 4 months... 4 mo.... *rocks*

edit: on the way home i leave uni between 4:30 and 5pm and get home anywhere between 7 and 8 at night, cook dinner do work go to bed at 1 and get up at 5:15...

Latest

Trending

Trending