Turn on thread page Beta

Ignore him watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I'd try someone else if she kept ignoring me. I really can't stand being ignored.

ReputationRep:
    No chance.

Although, I did hear that it did work the other way round; men are more likely to get women if they ignore them, apparently.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gangstermidget)
    i dont know, I tried showing interests n ignorin him but neither worked :p:
    Then he probably just wasn't that into you :o:

Are you sure he was also gay? lol

ReputationRep:
    If someone that knew started ignoring me i'd simply think they didn't like me; if someone I didnt know ignored me I'd think that they're just getting on with their lives!!

By ignoring someone you pushing them away

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pamelaa)
    Ok so on desperate housewives Gabrielle said that the best way to get a man was to ignore him. Do you agree? I'm starting to think that this is completely true! In my experience. What do you think and why?
    edited for clarifaction.

No. And stopping watching utter crap

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Christian_j)
    Then he probably just wasn't that into you :o:

Are you sure he was also gay? lol
    yep I guess so :p: :sad:
    he is gayer then me, i had him as a one night stand :p:

ReputationRep:
    The only thing ignoring will do is suggest to the boy you are not interested.

Obviously coming across too strong is not advisable, but it is vital you show some interest so boys actually know they have to chase..

ReputationRep:
    Don't play mind games, unless you want to risk accidentally messing with someone who's quietly semi-psycho... The result of that is not a pretty sight.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pamelaa)
    Ok so on desperate housewives Gabrielle said that the best way to get a man was to ignore him. Do you agree? I'm starting to think that this is completely true! In my experience. What do you think and why?
    edited for clarifaction.
    It's a ******* retarded idea. If you want a guy, how about you do the socially normal thing and talk with him? Or go a little crazy and flirt? These BS childish games only confuse people because they make no sense.

ReputationRep:
    This doesn't work. You'll do much better if you show some interest or even (shock, horror) make the first move yourself.

ReputationRep:
    Not ignore entirely. I've learnt that you have to show an initial interest, do a little bit of chasing, then once you get the guy interested, you have to back off a little rather than being constantly in their face sort of thing?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 2, 2010
Poll
Is the Big Bang theory correct?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.