Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Quick question - does it really matter what order the exercises are done in? It may sound like a silly question but I know that SS should be done in the order of the routine, so wondered if this was similar.

Also, can someone recommend an alternative to shrugs for the trap workout? May not be necessary but the equipment required is not always available without waiting around for hours on end!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AdaD)
    Quick question - does it really matter what order the exercises are done in? It may sound like a silly question but I know that SS should be done in the order of the routine, so wondered if this was similar.

Also, can someone recommend an alternative to shrugs for the trap workout? May not be necessary but the equipment required is not always available without waiting around for hours on end!
    Yes.

You don´t have access to a BB/DBs?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Brotherhood)
    You don´t have access to a BB/DBs?
    Yes, but, when I get to the end of Rep upper day, the part of the gym with the sufficiently heavy DB's and Oly bars & plates is always rammed and, frankly, I can't be fegged to spend ages waiting around to get the final part of my routine done. It's not always the case, but it would be good to have a backup plan when it is.

ReputationRep:
    As far as I'm aware you are supposed to work from bigger muscles to small ones, no?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AdaD)
    Yes, but, when I get to the end of Rep upper day, the part of the gym with the sufficiently heavy DB's and Oly bars & plates is always rammed and, frankly, I can't be fegged to spend ages waiting around to get the final part of my routine done. It's not always the case, but it would be good to have a backup plan when it is.
    So pick up a pair of DBs and find a space somewhere else.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Brotherhood)
    So pick up a pair of DBs and find a space somewhere else.
    Yup, but it's just that I'm struggling with my grip at the moment which gives me problems with the heavier DB shrugs. Was just looking for an alternative in the meantime really.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AdaD)
    Yup, but it's just that I'm struggling with my grip at the moment which gives me problems with the heavier DB shrugs. Was just looking for an alternative in the meantime really.
    What you should be doing is working on your grip then. How am I going to get better at holding 40kg DBs? By holding 40kg DBs.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 2, 2010
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.