Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi, ive just recently started college doing a access course but i dont think its really for me. Im having to pay for my course, work and dealing with some family problems, im getting rather stressed and what to leave my course.

But by leaving i will have to pay the rest of the course fee up front. I dont have that sort of money. I dont know what to do, should i just leave and avoid paying... i really dont know what to do.

ReputationRep:
    No, you should not have to pay full course fees. When you enrolled, how much did you pay? If you don't have a level 3 qualification you should have been entitled to a discounted rate, maybe about £80.

ReputationRep:
    Ive already studied a level 3 qualification before was im not entitled to any help. I had to pay £250 up front. The total cost of the course is £985 and it was never explained that if i left i have to pay upfront until a relative pointed it out to me.
    I am paying for my course in installments so im not sure if i leave i can still do that or should i ignore them about payment which probably is not a good idea

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *Freckles*)
    Ive already studied a level 3 qualification before was im not entitled to any help. I had to pay £250 up front. The total cost of the course is £985 and it was never explained that if i left i have to pay upfront until a relative pointed it out to me.
    I am paying for my course in installments so im not sure if i leave i can still do that or should i ignore them about payment which probably is not a good idea
    Ignoring the payment wouldn't be such a good idea, most places will try and recover the money by some means.

I would try talking to them first, if there are mitigating circumstances they may be more lenient and not tow the policy-line, reducing what you owe, or making it pro-rata for what time you have spent there.

ReputationRep:
    Always best to speak to the college and try to negotiate a discount

Leave without telling anyone and you'll be asking for trouble (i.e. a debt collection agency on your back)

ReputationRep:
    Okay, im going to go into college tomorrow and speak to the tutor and see what she says

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.