Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I know someone who studied at Hertfordshire and she said it was full of upper class snobs. She said most of the Law students were anyway.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by justjoshing)
    I know someone who studied at Hertfordshire and she said it was full of upper class snobs. She said most of the Law students were anyway.
    In general no, but a guy i knew who was doing law made a point of telling everyone that at home he had two washing machines and several servants....and he came from london....

ReputationRep:
    honestly in the erm 4/5 months that I have been at university now I haven't met 1 single snobby person. Not saying that they're not there but I haven't met any :P

either way, saying that herts is full of upper class snobs is an absolute lie :P maybe she doesn't want you to go to herts? :P

ReputationRep:
    You are really going to find a snobby person at a poly...lol dream on.

wow,I come from the town the Uni is in and it has a general reputation as a complete ****hole,well it is.
    I think you will find anything but snobs.

ReputationRep:
    Hertfordshire is mainly a sh*thole. Anybody that's a snob is just a ****.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Krakatoa)
    wow,I come from the town the Uni is in and it has a general reputation as a complete ****hole,well it is.
    I think you will find anything but snobs.
    That's why I'm a member of the Facebook group ''Why can't Hatfield get nuclear bombed? :'('' :p: :woo:

I don't think hertfordshire is a sh*thole it's just a very boring county BUT it's close to London and stuff so that's good lol

(Original post by Pop_tart)
    That's why I'm a member of the Facebook group ''Why can't Hatfield get nuclear bombed? :'('' :p: :woo:

I don't think hertfordshire is a sh*thole it's just a very boring county BUT it's close to London and stuff so that's good lol
    LOL i am part of the "I grew up in hatfield and aint addicted to heroin or have aids...yet".

Its not so much of a horrid place,its more just a genuine sh*thole.I mean Hertfordshire has some nice places,just the new towns within it are pretty awful.
    I go to school in St.Albans and pretty much seen as a bit of a pikey as I am from shatfield,but it's not as bad as its reputation,though it is quite bad.

ReputationRep:
    No, and your lower class scum for saying that
    :eyeball:

ReputationRep:
    I go to school in St.Albans and pretty much seen as a bit of a pikey as I am from shatfield,but it's not as bad as its reputation,though it is quite bad.
    Mate, we be reppin sta
    BROWN GANG

ReputationRep:
    I'm from Hertfordshire and generally like it as a county. As for the uni.. well yeah, that's crap.

ReputationRep:
    depends where abouts in hertfordshire..

Yeah, must be. They did name a city after a garden. :shifty:

(Original post by GottaLovePhysics! :))
    Mate, we be reppin sta
    BROWN GANG
    Nah AL10 for life

ReputationRep:
    Is Hatfield really that bad? I'm living here for 2.5 year and didn't notice that. Boring, yes, but I didn't know it has such bad reputation as you said, Krakatoa.

(Original post by biskup666)
    Is Hatfield really that bad? I'm living here for 2.5 year and didn't notice that. Boring, yes, but I didn't know it has such bad reputation as you said, Krakatoa.
    Its reputation is quite strange,it is seen throughout Hertfordshire as a general sh*thole,and there are some relatively bad places,like up the Hilltop and whatnot. But its reputation from about 20-30 years ago has kind of stuck,when it was quite a bad place.I mean its not as bad as people say,obviously I am biased as I have lived here for a fair amount of time,but it is not as bad as its made out,as hooded chav's running around with knife's and Britains underclass living there.
    Yes it is your average working-class town which is awfully bleak and boring,but the level to which it is percieved to be by students and surrounding towns surpasses really what it is.

ReputationRep:
    Nah AL10 for life
    Im pretty sure that place dosnt exist, are you sure your not chiswell green massive in denial?

ReputationRep:
    There are a fair few chav's in Hertfordshire, but you can meet some really nice people too.

I'm in my second year and its been great so far, met so many great people. The people are in NO way snobby. Hardly anybody I know is even well-off, let alone snobbish!

ReputationRep:
    Its reputation is quite strange,it is seen throughout Hertfordshire as a general sh*thole,and there are some relatively bad places,like up the Hilltop and whatnot. But its reputation from about 20-30 years ago has kind of stuck,when it was quite a bad place.I mean its not as bad as people say,obviously I am biased as I have lived here for a fair amount of time,but it is not as bad as its made out,as hooded chav's running around with knife's and Britains underclass living there.
    Yes it is your average working-class town which is awfully bleak and boring,but the level to which it is percieved to be by students and surrounding towns surpasses really what it is.
    I agree! :yep:

ReputationRep:
    There's gonna be problems with all unis though, surely?

I wanna go Herts next year...

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.