Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by justjoshing)
    I'm worried that University will be full of commoners and I won't be able to mix I'd rather be eathing pheasant and drinking wine, not downing vodka shots at some cheap nightclub. I wan't refinery, not chavs and tarts.
    I don't mean to sound snobby or anything. I just wan't to enjoy my time at University.

I'm hoping to study Law at Sussex BTW.

Define commoner. Il make sure i don't get in the way of your refinery and pheasant if i qualify. Im also hoping to go to Sussex you see and i wouldn't want to tarnish your polished reputation by being common as muck in your fabulous presence.

ReputationRep:
    Durham is my first choice, so I doubt it!
    The Uni will be alright. But there tend to be a lot of chavs in the city at night, desperately wondering the streets getting drunk and trying to start fights, trust me I live there.

ReputationRep:
    Bristol UWE is FULL of chavs!!!!!!!!!

I'm guessing many of the post 92, ex-polyversities are also chav friendly as you can get in with BTEC, NVQs etc which chavs love! Especially "Sports science" courses.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The IC Guy)
    Why not?
    They would stink out the place and take the uni down to their level, which is very low.

ReputationRep:
    I'm worried that University will be full of commoners and I won't be able to mix I'd rather be eathing pheasant and drinking wine, not downing vodka shots at some cheap nightclub. I wan't refinery, not chavs and tarts.
    I don't mean to sound snobby or anything. I just wan't to enjoy my time at University.

If a joke, very amusing. If not, this sort of stuff doesn't happen - not many students can afford to eat pheasant.

Also, is anyone that has shots in a club now a chav? That's news to me.

ReputationRep:
    I used to despise chavs, but since going to uni I've found them much more tolerable in comparison to the dreaded rah.

ReputationRep:
    Durham is my first choice, so I doubt it!
    I dunno, you may be surprised.

And I thought you said Sussex?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CrookedLegs)
    If a joke, very amusing. If not, this sort of stuff doesn't happen - not many students can afford to eat pheasant.

Not many students can afford to eat pheasant at University? I know plenty of people who spend in excess of £400 a week on food.

ReputationRep:
    Not many students can afford to eat pheasant at University? I know plenty of people who spend in excess of £400 a week on food.
    Maybe you know a privileged group of students then, I'm just telling you though that the majority of students don't spend £400 a week on food and don't eat pheasant. That is ridiculous and completely unrealistic.

ReputationRep:

Im sorry but if this is your insight into life then you are a bit of an ignorant prick. How are you meant to survive in the real world with this sort of attitude.

Infact, why don't you stay at home and live off mommys and daddys money and save a group of decent people who probably care less about social status the hell of sharing accomodation with you.

ReputationRep:
    Anybody notice the OP's username?

ReputationRep:
    What the hell do they buy for £400 a week?? I eat very well for about £150 a month lol.. These people must be very fat or eat lots of steak

If you are seriously this poncey you will be in for a shock. Students don't have money..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Delta Usafa)
    oh yea good point.....:troll2:

ReputationRep:
    Not sure about you but the chavs tended to drop out of college around the first couple of months, so I doubt it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by I<3LAMP)
    Students don't have money..
    I think you'll find some have more than others

ReputationRep:
    It seems you've never even held a conversation with anyone normal then, you may see that not all people who are titled "chavs" actaully are. when you get into the big wild world you wont survive if thats the attitude you have towards people.

ReputationRep:
    For anyone preparing to go to university, these people are the exception, not the rule.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Delta Usafa)
    It isn't a wind up, honestly, I just know some Universitys have a rather high chav content.

My choices:
    Durham
    Warwick
    Kent
    Sussex
    Exeter

ReputationRep:

you really need to open your eyes to the real world. you have a pretty warped perception if you ask me!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by buttercuplizzy)
    It seems you've never even held a conversation with anyone normal then, you may see that not all people who are titled "chavs" actaully are. when you get into the big wild world you wont survive if thats the attitude you have towards people.
    I'll survie fine. This thread is being taken way out of context.

Poll
Are you going to a festival?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.