Turn on thread page Beta

Chavs at University watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by buttercuplizzy)
    you really need to open your eyes to the real world. you have a pretty warped perception if you ask me!

Not at all! I just enjoy very refined things and I wan't to continue that at University. I wan't to mkix with the same type of people, also.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by justjoshing)
    Not many students can afford to eat pheasant at University? I know plenty of people who spend in excess of £400 a week on food.
    Bollocs you do. What the hell food are they eating that comes to nearly £60 every single day?

ReputationRep:
    This is an obvious troll. I'm surprised people didn't realise earlier...

ReputationRep:
    I think you'll find some have more than others
    I think you'll find university very hard with this myopic view you have. Try to leave the country house and take off the cotton wool for a few months before you go and you might find it more socially suited for you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Double Agent)
    Bollocs you do. What the hell food are they eating that comes to nearly £60 every single day?
    You may not actually know this but some supermarkets do have higher prices than others. This isn't taking into account things like restaraunts aswell.
    You may be hard pressed to spend £60 a day on food, but I thankfully know many people who are not.

We live in different worlds!

ReputationRep:
    We live in different worlds!
    I completly agree, thankfully mine is the real world.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anotheregostar)
    This is an obvious troll. I'm surprised people didn't realise earlier...
    THIS IS NOT A TROLL THREAD!

Crikey!

ReputationRep:
    I completly agree, thankfully mine is the real world.
    Thankfully mine is a more privileged world.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Delta Usafa)
    Anybody notice the OP's username?
    Quoting myself for truth.

ReputationRep:
    And you are the one who will fail in the long run.

ReputationRep:
    Well if they get in to the same university you do, on what grounds can you discriminate against them, how are they any 'worse' than you?
    this

SSSSSSSSSSSSSNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN NNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBSSSSSSSSSS SSSSS.

most universities are full of posh tw*ats, so worry ye not little posh ******, you'll be surrounded by your own kind. heaven forfend you expand your horrisons and meet some people other than those who are exactly like yourself.

ReputationRep:
    I think we need a thread defining 'chav'.

ReputationRep:
    Is it true that more chavvy sorts are going to University? I really hope this is not the case
    The one or two that get through won't bother doing the work or attending lectures, don't worry!

ReputationRep:
    Durham is my first choice, so I doubt it!
    I go durham, and most oof our nights are spent downing £2 triples in Jimmy Allens and £4 'quaddies' (four shots of vodka) in the nightclub Kilute voted as second worst in europe until the worst burnt down.

You are NOT going to fit in at durham if you are actually being serious (and i hope youre not because you'll probably just be blanked if you mention eating pheasant, as you wold at St andrews, oxford and cambridge...it just sounds silly and pretentious...sort of thing you'd expect from an 18 year old wanting to be elite but not really...)

Soooooo! Sorry for my mini rant, but I love Durham (my uni, college and the city) and i just wanto advertise that although we dont have as many clubs as mancland and sunnysheffield do, mainly because of old building planning restrictions, its still a great uni town... xxxx

ReputationRep:
    I am lucky.
    The University of Essex has a lot of Asian students - No room for chavs.
    Thank you Asian students, you have saved us a lot of pain!

ReputationRep:
    I think you could determine the word "chav" in terms of behaviour and style/dress sense.

Behaviour;
    Most likely to be roaming the streets, wearing burberry and Baseball Caps and hurling abuse at people. Generally living in council houses or run-down estates

Style;
    There are lots of clothes that you can get from New Look & Primark especially which may cause you to label someone a "chav"

In respect as to whether there will be many "chavs" at uni, I suspect that mostly Chavs in behavioural sense will not be going because they're probably too busy looking after their offspring and getting drunk/drugged up to care about uni.

However, I don't see why there wouldn't be people there dressing like a so-called chav.

My first choice uni is Surrey By the Way.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ellie_flower)
    I go durham, and most oof our nights are spent downing £2 triples in Jimmy Allens and £4 'quaddies' (four shots of vodka) in the nightclub Kilute voted as second worst in europe until the worst burnt down.

You are NOT going to fit in at durham if you are actually being serious (and i hope youre not because you'll probably just be blanked if you mention eating pheasant, as you wold at St andrews, oxford and cambridge...it just sounds silly and pretentious...sort of thing you'd expect from an 18 year old wanting to be elite but not really...)

Soooooo! Sorry for my mini rant, but I love Durham (my uni, college and the city) and i just wanto advertise that although we dont have as many clubs as mancland and sunnysheffield do, mainly because of old building planning restrictions, its still a great uni town... xxxx
    Wheyy its all about Jimmy Allens and Chase

ReputationRep:
    The forum really is depressingly idiotic.

ReputationRep:
    :rofl: You are going to 'fail' at uni.

Poll
Is the Big Bang theory correct?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.