Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Most chavs are good in maths and engineering, so yes.

ReputationRep:
    You are in for a serious shock when you hit the real world, Oh and please define "Chav" in your terms I'm curious to see whether I'll be labelled under it due to the music I listen to not all of us love headbanging to rock songs or listening to up and coming indie bands.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Splodger)
    You are in for a serious shock when you hit the real world, Oh and please define "Chav" in your terms I'm curious to see whether I'll be labelled under it due to the music I listen to not all of us love headbanging to rock songs or listening to up and coming indie bands.
    Yo IT at Croydon? You know a guy named Jibril?

ReputationRep:
    ok i have applied to 5 uni's and yes i go to college and do normal subjects admittedly i only go to about half the lessons haha but i wear all the stereotypical "chav" clothes from primark and stuff cus i cant afford 20 pound jeans and shirts. I get drunk every weekend and smoke cigs and weed (so?) my car is a pimped up peugeot 106 and some of me m8s are rate rough ens but i decided i wanted to go uni cus i reckon i could have a gd time and meet new ppl so hopefully i will get c's or b's at A levels and get to uni. only problem for me is the cost

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sephirona)
    Yo IT at Croydon? You know a guy named Jibril?
    Yeah I'm doing IT last few months before I finish , Jibril I think I've heard the name being mentioned but not 100% sure on that

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by justjoshing)
    I'm worried that University will be full of commoners and I won't be able to mix I'd rather be eathing pheasant and drinking wine, not downing vodka shots at some cheap nightclub. I wan't refinery, not chavs and tarts.
    I don't mean to sound snobby or anything. I just wan't to enjoy my time at University.

I'm hoping to study Law at Sussex BTW.

Haha. I think it's safe to say that you wont enjoy yourself at university.

ReputationRep:
    "They'll soon get weeded out".

Sounds your like you're planning a cull.

ReputationRep:
    You will have no friends at Uni. Everyone will hate you. FACT.

ReputationRep:
    i go to Coventry. It has alot of chavs. Hardly any white chavs though.
    White chavs are under represented.
    Theres a lot of ****gy looking girls... all races

ReputationRep:
    THIS IS NOT A TROLL THREAD!

Crikey!
    liar. No one can be that much of an arse in real life, surely.

ReputationRep:
    I'm worried that University will be full of commoners and I won't be able to mix I'd rather be eathing pheasant and drinking wine, not downing vodka shots at some cheap nightclub. I wan't refinery, not chavs and tarts.
    I don't mean to sound snobby or anything. I just wan't to enjoy my time at University.

I'm hoping to study Law at Sussex BTW.

Epic Fail on that count. You sound like a bit of a bigot to be honest. Do you wear large amounts of Tweed by any chance??

Secondly, great, you're getting good A-Level grades. Grades don't mean that you are socially adept, and are in no way an indicator of whether you will fit in at uni.

:mad: :mad:

ReputationRep:
    TBH I have a really open mind about this. If a so called "chav" makes his/her way to university level education, I would have no issue with them and even have a mutual respect for them.

A lot of "chavs" have no backing from their parents with regards to education. If a "chav" therefore did make it to university, it would take a lot of inner strength from the individual.

Either way, what difference does it make? Its a social tag for many deprived youths.

ReputationRep:
    Chavs on their own and chavs in a group are two completely different things.

So a couple may make it, but they'd probably conform to what everyone else deems acceptable.

Your year would be so large that you could easily avoid them; it's not secondary school.

ReputationRep:
    If you get into uni, you're not much of a chav are you?

Unless you mean
    "Will there be people at uni who dress differently to me, possibly in a frightfully common manner?"
    in which case the answer is yes.

Chav is just another word to marginalize and describe white working class males.
    So if you mean will there be any proles at your uni,then I imagine there will be a few.
    Don't worry,just don't share a bath with them,i hear all they want to do is fill it with coal.

ReputationRep:
    I don't mean to sound snobby or anything. I just wan't to enjoy my time at University.I'm hoping to study Law at Sussex BTW.
    I doubt it. I'm predicted AAAB.
    My choices:
    Durham
    Warwick
    Kent
    Sussex
    Exeter
    Because of my GCSE's, my predicted grades are All E's I scored BCDD at AS and the the B was in history. I've droped two A levels and I've taken on two more AS to compensate this.

Are my chances of getting to University now ruined because of these predictions?. How much weight to predicted grades have? I would hate to get my grades and be without a University place

I'm looking to study law at somewhere like Winchester.
    (Posted on 23 Sept 09)

I want to apply to Leeds Met, Surrey and Coventry. All for Law. I know they are not great Universitys, but I've wanted to do Law for about five years now. I can't risk applying to better ones.
    Posted 22 Sept 09

Troll? Liar? Troll and liar? You decide :p:

ReputationRep:
    At my university they're thankfully a rare breed, or an invisible minority

A frightening amount attend a local college though (thankfully not my old sixth form). I feel for the people who try to study there, and I hope none are intending to go to universities, or at least real ones.

ReputationRep:
    Yes, and people whose parents are on benefits too.
    :woo:

Get a grip and some life experience. I hope if you do meet one, they happy slap you...

ReputationRep:
    You will be hated by your flatmates and that is guaranteed.

ReputationRep:
    I switched courses just before Christmas, and on my previous course there were very few other males to interact with. The only other guy I found I could talk too was indeed what some people would describe as a chav.

At the start he rarely came to lectures, but he budged his ideas up after a while, he would wear tracksuits and chains, and wouldn't talk much and sit in quite slouchy positions. He was a nice enough guy, but I could tell from the way he acted in the way he would talk, you wouldn't want to get in his way and what not!

University open days

• University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Days - Exeter Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 24 Oct '18
  • University of Bradford
    Faculty of Health Studies Postgraduate
    Wed, 24 Oct '18
  • Northumbria University
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Wed, 24 Oct '18
Poll
Do protests make a difference in political decisions?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.