Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

My boyfriend doesn't want a threesome and I'm bored of our sex life watch

My boyfriend and I have been together for 3 years now. I adore him and I love to be with him, but our sex life is nowadays boring and predictable.

A week ago, I asked my boyfriend if he'd be up for a threesome to spice up our relationship. I even told him I knew a girl that would love to help out. He looked at me like I was a freak and told me there was no way he'd have a threesome with me and another girl.

We haven't had sex since that night and he's been avoiding the subject ever since. The sad truth? I can't be with a guy who doesn't satisfy me in bed. I think it's fundamental for any healthy relationship.

I know this will help us move forward. How can I convince him to do it??

ReputationRep:
    Although a threesome can sound very appealing and lead you to believe that it will improve your sex life, reality finds that most couples who try it end up worse off than before.
    Sometimes fantasies are best kept in the mind, because your reaction to seeing your boyfriend have sex/sexual contact with another person could be totally different from what you expect. I'm guessing your boyfriend realises this, hence his hesitation.
    Why don't you suggest some other ideas; try bringing in some sex toys, role play that sort of thing. Sometimes something as simple as flavoured lube can help.
    I myself have been with my boyfriend for 4 years, and we've just bought some lubes and doing the in/out of control scenarios. Give it a go.

ReputationRep:
    If he doesn't want it, it's not worth trying as it will only ruin your relationship.

Being bored of your current sex life does not mean you should involve other people.

ReputationRep:
    If he doesn't satisfy you, how will a threesome help beyond that one evening? You'll probably be worse off than before afterwards.

Work on your everyday sex life first so that he does satisfy you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by marcusmerehay)
    If he doesn't want it, it's not worth trying as it will only ruin your relationship.

Being bored of your current sex life does not mean you should involve other people.
    Definitely agree with this. Maybe you (as a couple) haven't exhausted all the possibilities...

ReputationRep:
    try new things rather than involving other people..roleplays or something.. maybe he wants u all to himself

ReputationRep:
    Threesomes will not help you in any way. It may seem new and exciting but would you really be happy seeing your boyfriend shag another girl right in front of you? You can spice up your sex life in other ways. Try roleplay, light bondage, do it in places other than the bed. Try anal, I've found that I really like it and it's spiced up my sex life a lot. Introduce sex toys into the bedroom, not other women.

ReputationRep:
    Try other things then! A threesome isn't the only "adventurous" thing you can do in bed.

ReputationRep:
    Am I the only one who's absolutely astonished that a straight guy doesn't want to be pleasured by two hot women? :mmm:

ReputationRep:
    A threesome isn't going to help you. Like the posts above, it might seem exciting now, but how do you really feel about your boyfriend and another girl being together while you're there? You could get jealous and it could ruin your relationship :\
    Try other stuff to spice up your sex life, because a threesome will probably end it completely.

ReputationRep:
    why dont you just finish with him?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Butterflyleg)
    Am I the only one who's absolutely astonished that a straight guy doesn't want to be pleasured by two hot women? :mmm:
    Yup. You'd be surprised when it really comes down to it, and you ignore all the front, how many guys wouldn't want one.

ReputationRep:
    Probably wants it with another guy
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by FullFrontal)
    Although a threesome can sound very appealing and lead you to believe that it will improve your sex life, reality finds that most couples who try it end up worse off than before.
    Sometimes fantasies are best kept in the mind, because your reaction to seeing your boyfriend have sex/sexual contact with another person could be totally different from what you expect. I'm guessing your boyfriend realises this, hence his hesitation.
    Why don't you suggest some other ideas; try bringing in some sex toys, role play that sort of thing. Sometimes something as simple as flavoured lube can help.
    I myself have been with my boyfriend for 4 years, and we've just bought some lubes and doing the in/out of control scenarios. Give it a go.
    Couldn't agree more

Things don't always go to plan when another person gets involved. As said by FullFrontal, there are many other ways to spice things up.

ReputationRep:
    I've noticed that threesomes are most common in couples that are struggling, and the act itself often tends to finish it off. I've seen it happen before, so I don't see why you'd be so sure a threesome is what you need to magically fix everything.

And you can't have a threesome every time you have sex either, so you'll still be bored 99 times out of a hundred.

ReputationRep:
    be open with him. i was with a girl for 2 years and about 18months down the line said she was bored with sex with me, that i wasnt very good, so we worked on it together and it made it really good again for us both. we got some "appropriately relevent" ;-) books and some dvds and searched for new things to do together and we had a lot of fun over about 2-3 weeks and we went away seperately and tried to find out things to do. also role plays and building up LOADS of sexual tension beforehand, with teasing and hints all day, made it amazing. also playing a little bit hard to get with each other as a game worked well.
    My relationship ended for completely different reasons so hopefully it'll work out in the end. but if it realy isnt working just let it go.
    Good luck

ReputationRep:
    I guess he thinks threesomes are too eeasy, try 4some?

ReputationRep:
    Maybe her and her mate are both fat and ugly?

ReputationRep:
    you cant convince him, if he doesnt want to do it then he doesnt want to do it simple as that

try other things to try and spice it up

ReputationRep:

not every bloke wants that lol

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 16, 2010
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.