Turn on thread page Beta

Recommend me books that will make me dumber watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I was thinking of Twilight, a Kerry Katona autobiography etc.

ReputationRep:
    Twilight is a good way to go

ReputationRep:
    That's a really sad view you have there. I have lots of friends who are amazingly intelligent and really enjoy the Twilight books. Everyone has different tastes in reading material, and just because somebody doesn't want to read books that they will learn something from it doesn't give you or anyone else the right to assume that they aren't intelligent. Why don't you go read a book that will help you open your eyes and realise that arrogance is a highly unattractive quality?

ReputationRep:
    Anything by Dan Brown.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sugar_Puff_Fairy)
    That's a really sad view you have there. I have lots of friends who are amazingly intelligent and really enjoy the Twilight books. Everyone has different tastes in reading material, and just because somebody doesn't want to read books that they will learn something from it doesn't give you or anyone else the right to assume that they aren't intelligent.
    No one suggested people who read twighlight weren't intelligent, just that twilight was not an intelligent book.

ReputationRep:
    Karl Marx - The Communist Manifesto

ReputationRep:
    anything heavy dropped from a reasonable height should do the trick.

ReputationRep:
    high school musical: the novelization

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FyreFight)
    Karl Marx - The Communist Manifesto

:curious: Im not a fan of Marxism either, but you can't call that work dumb or stupid surely? :p:

ReputationRep:
    Being Dumb for Dummies.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for the anonymous rep; some people take things too seriously :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by heidigirl)
    No one suggested people who read twighlight weren't intelligent, just that twilight was not an intelligent book.

No, it was suggested that people who read Twilight are made 'dumber'. It's just a ridiculous thing to say! A book cannot make anyone less intelligent!

ReputationRep:
    The Bible

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sugar_Puff_Fairy)
    No, it was suggested that people who read Twilight are made 'dumber'. It's just a ridiculous thing to say! A book cannot make anyone less intelligent!
    Never underestimate the power of sparkly vampires.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah some vacant persons autobiography: kerry katona, jordan, jade goody, other racist idiots etc etc

ReputationRep:
    Atlas Shrugged

ReputationRep:
    Katie Price's... Angel, I think it's called? Came free with a magazine, I couldn't resist, and I think my brain actually dissolved after reading it. Come to think of it, it's still not yet fully functioning again.

ReputationRep:
    Definitely this book, written by the literary genius Britney Spears and her mom.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A_Mother's_Gift

ReputationRep:
    Definitely this novel, written by the literary genius Britney Spears and her mom.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A_Mother's_Gift

ReputationRep:
    Unfortunately Katie price only wrote 2 books for you to choose

Poll
Cats or dogs?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.