Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Recommend me books that will make me dumber Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aeolus)
    :curious: Im not a fan of Marxism either, but you can't call that work dumb or stupid surely? :p:
    The exact same applies to those religious texts you mentioned.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sugar_Puff_Fairy)
    That's a really sad view you have there. I have lots of friends who are amazingly intelligent and really enjoy the Twilight books. Everyone has different tastes in reading material, and just because somebody doesn't want to read books that they will learn something from it doesn't give you or anyone else the right to assume that they aren't intelligent. Why don't you go read a book that will help you open your eyes and realise that arrogance is a highly unattractive quality?
    lol at taking things so seriously.

ReputationRep:
    the bible will definitely lower your IQ

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Don_Scott)
    The exact same applies to those religious texts you mentioned.

I was joking...

Then again, Marx doesn't demand upon pain of eternal torture that you obey his ideology.

Religious texts demand you believe something primitive and absurd, and obviously there are some in the world who will take them literally and commit abhorrent acts, because the book tells them to do so. I would call that pretty dumb.

ReputationRep:
    Why are people putting the Bible down? I don't get how that will make you dumber.

Surely dumbness is due to a lack of understanding of whats out there. The Bible gives a big idea about what is out there. Understand it, but don't disrespect it.

Dumb book would be things like Katie Price, Keri Katona etc.

I get it, it's because they're popular right? It's just like in high school, you don't want to watch/read what others are because you want to stand out in the crowd.

Who has even read the Bible?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aeolus)
    I was joking...

Then again, Marx doesn't demand upon pain of eternal torture that you obey his ideology.

Religious texts demand you believe something primitive and absurd, and obviously there are some in the world who will take them literally and commit abhorrent acts, because the book tells them to do so. I would call that pretty dumb.
    There is no point debating with rude ignorant Dawkins worshippers like yourself, so no thank you.

ReputationRep:
    I win,

http://myimmortalrehost.webs.com/

Pos rep to anyone who can beat that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lattywatty)
    Anything by Dan Brown.
    Eyyy!! The latest Dan Brown actually changed my life!!!

If you want something to make you dumber nothing will ever beat one of Katie Price's 40 Autobiographys...

And this thread title seems familiar :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cesare Borgia)
    I win,

http://myimmortalrehost.webs.com/

Pos rep to anyone who can beat that.
    I LOVE THAT SO SO MUCH!!!

"stop it now, you horny simpletons!"

+rep coming your way.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Warped Passages by Lisa Randall...she managed to dumb down popular science

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Don_Scott)
    There is no point debating with rude ignorant Dawkins worshippers like yourself, so no thank you.

A Don_Scott non argument? :zomg: How rare. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Mill - On Liberty.

ReputationRep:
    Well, someone gave me a Nora Roberts book called "The Reef" for Christmas, and I swear I couldn feel myself turning into an idiot.

Oh, and Sweet Valley High books. Jeez louise.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jinru)
    Unfortunately Katie price only wrote 2 books for you to choose
    Very unlikely she actually wrote them. Even intelligent celebrities tend to employ ghost writers, let alone Jordan! Actually, she's not as thick as she pretends to be, but still.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by innerhollow)
    You're allowed a holiday from your usual religion-bashing you know :rolleyes: A lot of the stuff you say is the same stuff that nearly all atheists here have considered

Your point? If you don't like what i say then there is a tiny red x to click up in the top right of your screen. :yy:
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    The God Delusion!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dionysus)
    Very unlikely she actually wrote them. Even intelligent celebrities tend to employ ghost writers, let alone Jordan! Actually, she's not as thick as she pretends to be, but still.
    True her ghost writer for her Angel series is Rebecca Farnworth.

She even admits she just dictates what she wants in the books to the writer.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sugar_Puff_Fairy)
    No, it was suggested that people who read Twilight are made 'dumber'. It's just a ridiculous thing to say! A book cannot make anyone less intelligent!
    You'd be surprised.
    I came out the other end of the dark empty vacuum that was "Breaking Dawn" feeling my braincells physically pained.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jinru)
    Unfortunately Katie price only wrote 2 books for you to choose
    Beat me to it :P:..

My friend made me read one.
    I nearly died.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by innerhollow)
    Scientology books also. Don't turn unrelated threads into discussion about religion. Nearly everyone on here is an atheist. We get it. You can all use the same arguments and points that we can.

Explain to me exactly how my posts were unrelated.

So you want anyone who disagrees with you to stop reading the thread? Some good logic there... and of course I'm sure TSR would be much more fun if everyone stuck to that rule.

If you get so upset and angry over an opinion posted in a thread asking for opinions then i think it would be best you left the internet for a while and maybe ventured outside. Internet business shouldn't be this serious. :toofunny:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.