Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Is this generally a good time to apply or am I too late?

ReputationRep:
    You're not too late, you can apply for a master's at any time. But earlier is better, especially for popular courses.

ReputationRep:
    You are no where near to late to apply for Masters.

Funding, on the other hand, may be difficult. Many deadlines have passed and the threshold for most places seems to be before the middle of March.

ReputationRep:
    Check the deadline(s) for your course on each university's website, some of them do rolling evaluations like King's, others have later deadlines. You're not doing yourself a favour to be honest, but if you start your applications now you should be fine. Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    So am I at a disadvantage applying in Feb? Just want to know whether my chances will be affected applying this late(?)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Troyes)
    So am I at a disadvantage applying in Feb? Just want to know whether my chances will be affected applying this late(?)
    Depends entirely on the course. Most courses will have a first come, first served policy, so the earlier you apply the more chance there is to be room. All you can do is apply for the courses you want and see what happens. I managed to get onto my Masters in late April, well after the 'deadline' of application, although it did take some desperate emailing. So don't worry too much about it, apply for courses and if they're full then accept you left it a little late. As long as you're organised and get the application off soon it shouldn't matter too much.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. SAE Institute
    Animation, Audio, Film, Games, Music, Business, Web Further education
    Thu, 16 Aug '18
  2. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
  3. University of Bolton
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
Poll
Will you be tempted to trade up and get out of your firm offer on results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.