Turn on thread page Beta

Preventing acne/spot scars watch

Hi I get a few spots on my face from time to time but I'm worried they are leaving scars. I'm scared cause I'm a girl and it looks worse on girls and is hard to hide what is the best way to prevent these scars or treat them? would an anti ageing cream work?

ReputationRep:
    Don't pick or pop the spots. If they are mild just use your regular treatment, then leave them.

ReputationRep:
    If you don't pop or irritate them, then the marks will fade eventually. Don't aggravate the skin. If it is the odd spot from time to time, use a facewash, don't overscrub the face and don't overwash it, be gentle.

ReputationRep:
    -drink 2.5 litres of water everyday. without fail. you will notice such a difference in a few days
    -use a spot preventing moisturiser, and exfoliate daily
    -moisturise at night

ReputationRep:
    if its bad/getting you down, just see the doc.

its a cureable thing.

palmers cocoa butter, works a treat. Especially the skin smoothing one

ReputationRep:
    bio oil is really great at helping to get rid of scars in my experience - dont put it all over but dab on the scars and you should see a difference!

ReputationRep:
    a zinc tablet (typically 25mg) each day is great for the skin.

ReputationRep:
    If you are scarring go to your GP and they will refer you to the dermotologist, they'll sort your skin out the thing they worry most about is scarring so go go go!

ReputationRep:
    Don't pick at them- it pushes them deeper into your skin and makes them scar.
    You can try seeing your GP- i got prescribed some tablets for my skin. They did clear my skin, but made me quite ill. You can be prescribed moisturisers for it too.
    Or just try some cleansing products that prevent blemishes. I use The Body Shop's tea-tree range, and it keeps my skin really clear and it's not too expensive

ReputationRep:
    Well if you keep touching, prodding and picking them then they will cause a scarr.

Leave them and your face alone i.e. dont touch your face.

Some people use a variety of products yet they keep touching their face and later say "The products dont work".

Dont be one of them and good luck.

ReputationRep:
    Why are people recommending moisturiser? Since some of the products actually dry out your face, and remove layers of skin, moisturising your face would just counteract your treatment. Just speak to your doctor and let them prescribe a facial wash/tablets/cream/gel (that will complement your existing treatment, if any).

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 2, 2010
Poll
Do protests make a difference in political decisions?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.