Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

another break up thread watch

Announcements

anon please/delete.

I just needed to say this out. Long term boyfriend broke up with me last night, since then Ive never felt so much pain; I know I sound pathetic, I have been through mild depression, family problems etc, but this seems to be utterly too painful. I am on track doing well at uni, but now I seem, I just see no hope, because a love so strong between us can just break so easily. I know i am ranting, but i am not going to tell anybody, and i don't want to be a let down. I can't concentrate, i didn't sleep one minute last night, i havent eaten since yesterday, i am a wreck, i am usually strong, never dependant, but somehow this happens. When im out of my room I pretend to laugh and smile, my mind wonders, I don't know anymore. Sorry.
    Keeping it all inside really hurts. Ffs I wish i was stronger.

ReputationRep:
    in this sort of situation i find i just need a couple of days in my room, watching endless films and tv series with friends.
    in a few days you'll be feeling a bit better. just literally try and spend as much time with friends as possible, and let them know how you're feeling as they'll generally be more helpful then, and won't mind looking after you for a while.

ReputationRep:
    allow yourself to hurt. go through the motions. don't try and rush getting over him, it'll just take time.

The only two close friends I have are long distance, my boyfriend was my best friend. I don't want to shove my emotional burden onto them, i know one is having difficulties at home. I just don't know. My course is very demanding, i am scared of losing track, but at the same time i don't care about it anymore even though it was my life...... Argh why am i overreacting.

ReputationRep:
    Your friends are absolutely amazing at times like this. As somebody already said, you just need to spend as much time around your friends as possible. Even if you don't talk to them about it, it's best just to get out and about and try to have a laugh - with anybody really. Just so that you're not on your own right now.

I've had my own heartbreak recently - I'd never felt so down - but I'm through it now, and it's largely down to my friends being so great. I know it seems really hard right now, and you're probably in for a rough few days, but just remember that from bad always comes good - and you'll emerge out the other side a much stronger person.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 2, 2010
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.