Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Flexitime ... watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hi

I'm looking into a placement atm which is; 37 hours a week, flexitime.

I understand this could mean 7.4 hours a day, Monday to Friday, but could it also mean 9.25 hours a day, Monday to Thursday?

Answers appreciated

Mitch.

ReputationRep:
    I *think* flexi-time is more that you can start at say, 10, and work til 6, or start at 8 and work til 4?

ReputationRep:
    Flexitime can mean a number of things from almost complete flexibility (pretty much what I have in my job, within reason as long as you stay within the flexi limits set on total hours worked per year) and having to work core hours (say 10 - 3) with flexibility around that. You would have to see the T&C's for details.

ReputationRep:
    is this at ccl?

they have core hours you have to work 10 till 4 ... or 11 till 3 depending on what your manager says. they may even be more flexible. but yeh i assume with most of them you have to come in everyday for whatever core hours they set. then arrange the rest of your working week around that

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by didgeridoo12uk)
    is this at ccl?

they have core hours you have to work 10 till 4 ... or 11 till 3 depending on what your manager says
    Yeah it was mate, cheers.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mitch92uK)
    Yeah it was mate, cheers.
    just watch it with flexitime. some weeks it would get to friday when i would be handing my timesheet in, and when i filled it all out, i'd then realise to make up 37 hours, i'd have to work a 12+ hour day or something totally ridiculous. (i never did, i'd just work till 7 ish when everyone else had left, then leave)

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 2, 2010
Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?
Useful resources

Articles and guides:

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A-Z of careers Advice on choosing a careerCV writing helpCovering letter helpInterview tips

Featured recruiter profiles:

CGI logo

CGI is open for applications

"Offering a range of apprentice and sponsored degree positions."

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

ICAEW logo

Merck

"Merck is a global leader in specialized pharma & chemicals – join us!"

Army logo

The Army is recruiting now

"With hundreds of roles available, there’s more than one way to be the best."

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Quick links:

Unanswered career sector and employment threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.