Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Year 11 stress watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    ...wait till university.

I did one of the DiDA things in 2 nights and got an A I remember somehow, do a bit each night, you have miles of time.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    I'll swap. You take my dissertation and International Corporate Reporting courseworks (due in Monday and Wednesday respectively), and I'll take the GCSE stuff.

ReputationRep:
    Just keep workin at it and you will get the rewards in summer

ReputationRep:
    I simply do not have time to be stressed anymore, at least not in examtime. Stop standing staring the fear in the face and run. Just get it done.

ReputationRep:
    Wait till you get to college & Uni..you'll fall apart if you dont sort this anxiety out!! :eek3:

ReputationRep:
    I never knew people actually stressed over GCSEs..

ReputationRep:
    Prioritise your cwk in order of importance and when it needs to be handed in for, your maths test isnt important unless it reflects ur final GCSE grade and hwk can be put off if u explain to ur teachers ur situation

wait till you do A-levels, you're gonna love it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rucklo)
    I did one of the DiDA things in 2 nights and got an A I remember somehow, do a bit each night, you have miles of time.
    A rather bizarre expression, don't you think?

Made me smile for some reason.

i used 2 feel like that when i was doin GCSES & now i'm in A2 and gcses werent nothing compared to a levels, TRUST. You wanna wait till you do a levels to feel propa sress but just stick to it because you DO NOT want to be retakin luv... Work hard!

ReputationRep:
    Year 11 was a doddle; easy coursework followed by not attending any lessons after finishing all my coursework because i cba then waking up at 12, doing an exam at 1 then going home to sleep or play games and repeated that for 2 weeks. Still managed to pass all of them aswell.... fuuu

ReputationRep:
    Sorry but good luck with A-Levels!

If you are stressed, your teachers are putting too much pressure on you. There is no need to stress at this stage of education.

Just take it easy. It's all in your head. Keep your head.

ReputationRep:
    Prioritise coursework over homework.. Set up a timetable or a to-do list..
    Stick by it, and u'll feel better as you get things done..
    Take frequent breaks and try to avoid getting distracted whilst working..
    I had a hard time in year 11 with coursework and maths exams etc.. I was up all night finishing art coursework and my textiles dress.. lol

ReputationRep:
    My teacher stressess me out with my food tech course work with presurimg me i need support

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 3, 2017
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.