Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Do all countries apply fees at postgrad level?

On what basis are fees charged - on the prestige of the university? Some courses demand fees of up to 50 k in America. That blows my mind. :eek3:

I know some universities do a kind of means test, and allow certain students (whose parents earn under such and such an amount) in for free. Is this a common procedure?

Do fees vary much between undergrad and postgrad courses in the same university?

Sorry about all the questions. If you want, just pick one or two to answer.

ReputationRep:
    There is no financial support for post grad studies in the UK ans I am unaware of any means tested help either.

ReputationRep:
    Do fees vary much between undergrad and postgrad courses in the same university?

They can do. LSE, for example, charges £3,290 (UK/EU undergrad), while an MSc in Economics costs £19,224 (Home/EU)

ReputationRep:
    £19,224! :eek:

ReputationRep:
    Gonna bump this

ReputationRep:
    Anyone?

ReputationRep:
    Post-grad usually isn't free, I don't really know of a country where it is - France would probably be the best bet there.

ReputationRep:
    It's free in Sweden, even for international students (at least it was two years ago, I know there was some talk about changing it).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pink Bullets)
    It's free in Sweden, even for international students (at least it was two years ago, I know there was some talk about changing it).
    Good ole Sweden. Such a beautiful country.

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.