OCR Biology as Unit 1 countdown to results thread!!! Watch

slacker07906
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
Hi, how did you all do? :confused: Scary isn't it? What questions did you do bad/good on? What grade do you think you will get?

I mean the plasma question??? :eek3: I nearly died!!! Then the glycoprotein one!!! and then along came the potomoter. Did it ask for precautions or health precautions. I'm getting a lot of different answers. Any post away at you anxieties :woo:
slacker07906
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
any1???
Smiles_m
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
It was an awful paper.
Pretty sure I failed.
Gahhh.

I felt letdown because to do well you had to EVERYTHING.
So it's more a measure of how early and comprehensively you revise.
InsaneFandom
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I swear NONE of the major topics really came up :|
Cells? Like 2 marks
Heart? Not really
Lungs? Nope, just the spirometer
Mitosis? Nooope
Translocation? Nada
Plants in general: A little

That one about the capillary pressure (or whatever the **** it was) almost killed me lol

Was it just me, or was that paper made from the most random sections of each topic?
Was not amused :p:

Oh well, not long to see if I'll be resitting
Jono300
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I messed up on the precautions of the spirometer (2 marks), the organelles question (2 marks), the haemoglobin question (2 marks), the vein/artery question (1 mark), the question about how the spirometer will change (1 mark), the plasma question (lost 1-2 marks), lost a mark about inspiration. That makes about 11 marks lost . I may have lost other marks elsewhere I'm sure of it. I really, really, really need an A getting so worried about this random, confusing exam
Last edited by Jono300; 8 years ago
InsaneFandom
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Jono300)
I messed up on the precautions of the spirometer (2 marks), the organelles question (2 marks), the haemoglobin question (2 marks), the vein/artery question (1 mark), the question about how the spirometer will change (1 mark), the plasma question (lost 1-2 marks). That makes about 10 marks lost . I may have lost other marks elsewhere I'm sure of it. I really, really, really need an A getting so worried about this random, confusing exam
Pretty sure I lost one of the marks for the spirometer, couldn't think of anything else so I just picked something from the diagram and said make sure ts in place lol

Ahhh the vein/artery question and the plasma question... DEFINATLY mucked those up.

Don't worry about it though, I'm sure you did better then you think
And if not, there's plenty of oppurtunities to resit, chances are with a MUCH nicer paper
Narik
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I think i got somewhere between 48 - 55 probably, so hopefully 90UMS.
Jono300
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by InsaneFandom)
Pretty sure I lost one of the marks for the spirometer, couldn't think of anything else so I just picked something from the diagram and said make sure ts in place lol

Ahhh the vein/artery question and the plasma question... DEFINATLY mucked those up.

Don't worry about it though, I'm sure you did better then you think
And if not, there's plenty of oppurtunities to resit, chances are with a MUCH nicer paper
No resit - I don't want even more work to do lol the June exam is supposed to be twice as hard with twice as much content to revise and it's worth 50% of final grade so if we all do really, really well on that paper like 80%+ then it won't really matter what we got on the unit 1 paper. I hope. lol the unit 1 exam is worth 30% I think and the coursework is worth 20%
Jono300
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
11th March but the school tells you on the 12th of March
InsaneFandom
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Jono300)
No resit - I don't want even more work to do lol the June exam is supposed to be twice as hard with twice as much content to revise and it's worth 50% of final grade so if we all do really, really well on that paper like 80%+ then it won't really matter what we got on the unit 1 paper. I hope. lol the unit 1 exam is worth 30% I think and the coursework is worth 20%
Fair point lol
I'll definatly be resitting if I get below an A.. because, well, the stuff I'm doing now is ridiculous lol I cant remember any of it :o:
So I'm hoping my unit 1 will prop it up a bit, and since I did really well on all the practise papers, I don't think a resit would require too much revision.. but obviously, you probably feel differently
I reckon doing REALLY well on unit 2 should swing the mark by a grade or two, combined with really good coursework scores, so focusing on unit 2 is probably the smarter option :p:

All this talk of resits and doing badly lol.. who knows, we might've all got As
Jono300
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by InsaneFandom)
Fair point lol
I'll definatly be resitting if I get below an A.. because, well, the stuff I'm doing now is ridiculous lol I cant remember any of it :o:
So I'm hoping my unit 1 will prop it up a bit, and since I did really well on all the practise papers, I don't think a resit would require too much revision.. but obviously, you probably feel differently
I reckon doing REALLY well on unit 2 should swing the mark by a grade or two, combined with really good coursework scores, so focusing on unit 2 is probably the smarter option :p:

All this talk of resits and doing badly lol.. who knows, we might've all got As
I hope so Good look everyone!
X

Reply to thread

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Sheffield Hallam University
    City Campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 17 Oct '18
  • Northumbria University
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Wed, 17 Oct '18
  • Staffordshire University
    Nursing and Midwifery Undergraduate
    Wed, 17 Oct '18

Who is most responsible for your success at university

Mostly me (283)
92.48%
Mostly my university including my lecturers/tutors (23)
7.52%

Watched Threads