Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Sex whilst she's on her period? watch

Announcements

Howdy.

My girlfriend is coming off one form of the pill next week, and needs to stay off any contraception for 6 weeks on her part, before she starts a different form of the pill (Don't ask me, i'm no doctor )

We have quite a regular sex life, and i was just wondering if its possible to still have sex whilst shes 'on'? Is it normal for me to be a bit, erm, worried? :confused:

Obvs we'll be using protection in the meanwhile.

ReputationRep:
    I'm sure it's normal to be a bit grossed out, but worried? What do you think will happen?

ReputationRep:
    If the idea doesn't make you both uncomfortable then go ahead.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Yes it is possible to still have sex whilst she's on. Many people don't however, because some people find it a bit gross or the girl just isn't in the mood when she's on her period. But if you're both ok with it, then having sex is fine.

ReputationRep:
    You probably could, but that's gross

ReputationRep:
    We used to call it in the butterfly in school but you can there's nothing wrong with it. I think what is more annoying is when you feel really horny when you're on your period.

ReputationRep:
    Nope, not possible at all. The vagina won't accommodate your member during that time of the month. Sarcasm, seriously.

ReputationRep:
    Nothing wrong with it. But in my personal experience, it's very messy and I got absolutely no pleasure out of it, if anything, I could barely feel it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Howdy.

My girlfriend is coming off one form of the pill next week, and needs to stay off any contraception for 6 weeks on her part, before she starts a different form of the pill (Don't ask me, i'm no doctor )

We have quite a regular sex life, and i was just wondering if its possible to still have sex whilst shes 'on'? Is it normal for me to be a bit, erm, worried? :confused:

Obvs we'll be using protection in the meanwhile.
    Wasn't sure if you were asking about sex in general or impregnation being possible while she's on, so here's both lol:

On or off, you still need to use a condom.
    When she's on her uterus lining (sorry if it's TMI ^^) will be much thinner, but implantation of the zygote is still entirely possible.
    In fact, if women concieve whilst menstruating miscarriage or complications are more likely.

But of course women can have sex when they're on, even if it might be a bit unpleasant...probably better to wait towards the end of the period when it's lighter and er, less messy.
    Make sure she's definitely comfortable with it and you aren't squeamish.. :P:

ReputationRep:
    Messy business!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by T-Reks)
    SEX while the girls on a period?...Bluurrrgghhh...suppose you could use the blood as lubricant!...DISGUSTING!...SAW IT IN A FILM ONCE....blood evrywhere!
    I've got to ask...

what kind of films have you been watching?

ReputationRep:
    "I'm not scared of a little blood"

ReputationRep:
    my clit curls up at the thought...

ReputationRep:
    just go for it, theres nothing wrong with having sex while shes on her period. It might be messy but it might not be that bad. I've never found it that messy to be honest

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ipulledhermione)
    my clit curls up at the thought...
    looool

ReputationRep:
    It feels so much better when you're on your period... But if she doesn't want to, I'm sure that won't sway her into agreeing to it.

Just remember to have a towel handy and it's not really as messy as people seem to think, unless her flow is ridiculously messy (expecting guys to all cringe at the thought :p: )

ReputationRep:
    Well, its not like i watch dodgy films all the time!...it was in some next film that was on Film4...set in France about some next thing...government opressing or something. A brother and sister (who have sex with each other...i know.....GROSS) make an english friend. this english guy has sex with her while shes on her period and they continue to even though they have blood all over their faces!...YUK
    Actually, she was bleeding because she was a virgin.:p: OP, you might as go down her as well. :rolleyes:

I tried it once with my boyfriend - and this was light period (towards the end). I dunno it just wasn't nice. It wasn't actually that messy, but I couldn't feel anything much pleasurable (too much lubrication) in fact it was a little uncomfortable, almost painful - and I wasn't really in the mood (probably due to worry about mess etc).

I mean sure try it if neither of you have a problem. Maybe it's just some girls that don't like it.

However it can be nice if you are getting it regular to have a forced break from sex sometimes. You can do couply/cuddly things instead and it's all the better once you're back to sex again.

ReputationRep:
    Oh, it's definitely gross, but completely worth it.

(But, then, I have very light periods with the minimum amount of mess).

ReputationRep:
    Well, its not like i watch dodgy films all the time!...it was in some next film that was on Film4...set in France about some next thing...government opressing or something. A brother and sister (who have sex with each other...i know.....GROSS) make an english friend. this english guy has sex with her while shes on her period and they continue to even though they have blood all over their faces!...YUK
    We don't want your kind at ICHS.

:p:

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 2, 2010
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.