Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I am taking Further Maths Physics and Chemistry. I wanted to know if people thing the extracurricular activities i do will be enough if i am applying to top uni's but wanted to check to see if i have too many. I am thinking of Doing the EPQ, I do canoeing and swimming, am doing my D of E gold, doing a pharmaceuticals, an engineering course, I have been doing the senior maths challenge and the international chemistry olympiad.

What are you applying for?

You sound like an over-achiever to me. :mmm:

ReputationRep:
    A Science subject not sure yet.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by matt1993)
    I am taking Further Maths Physics and Chemistry. I wanted to know if people thing the extracurricular activities i do will be enough if i am applying to top uni's but wanted to check to see if i have too many. I am thinking of Doing the EPQ, I do canoeing and swimming, am doing my D of E gold, doing a pharmaceuticals, an engineering course, I have been doing the senior maths challenge and the international chemistry olympiad.
    Doing a pharmaceuticals?

ReputationRep:
    is there going to be any space on your PS for any thing else.

seriously, what you have is more than fine.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by buyingtheticket)
    Doing a pharmaceuticals?
    pharmaceuticals course sorry

(Original post by ballerinabetty)
    what you have is more than fine
    Is it too much should i drop something?

ReputationRep:
    it really depends what unis you are applying to but generally uni like you to have a few ECs that you are really really good at that 10 things you are average at.
    if you enjoy them all then keep them up but i do think if you are doing them all for uni admission then it is a bit un-nessasary

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ballerinabetty)
    it really depends what unis you are applying to but generally uni like you to have a few ECs that you are really really good at that 10 things you are average at.
    if you enjoy them all then keep them up but i do think if you are doing them all for uni admission then it is a bit un-nessasary
    D of E and the EPQ and the things i'm doing for uni admission only, i enjoy everything else.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by matt1993)
    D of E and the EPQ and the things i'm doing for uni admission only, i enjoy everything else.
    D of E is pretty common but it obviously shows teamwork so keep it. I'm not sure if the EPQ will add that much considering your other EC's but if you can cope then you may as well keep that aswell.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by buyingtheticket)
    D of E is pretty common but it obviously shows teamwork so keep it. I'm not sure if the EPQ will add that much considering your other EC's but if you can cope then you may as well keep that aswell.
    this

OP if you can cope and get the grades you need then there is no harm in any of it. but remember without your grades you will be in trouble

University open days

1. University of Bradford
    University-wide Postgraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Campus Visit Undergraduate
    Wed, 1 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.