Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys,

We need to write about anything we have experienced in our lives. Obviously make it sound exciting so the reader will take an interest. I have no idea what I should write about . Any suggestions? Maybe having passed something? hmm...

ReputationRep:
    Even spelt suggestion wrong in the thread title.

ReputationRep:
    How you came to discover that lemoncake sucks?

ReputationRep:
    haha, but that's too simple. Maybe something more exciting? :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lemoncake sucks)
    haha, but that's too simple. Maybe something more exciting? :/
    It's called artistic licence! :p:

ReputationRep:
    LOL. Hmmm...

ReputationRep:
    Still not able to come up with any ideas. I googled a list which has 50 ideas such as, the most memorable moment of your life, a near death experience, meeting a great leader. :/
    I did read something by Virginia Woolf where she is in need of a pencil but the main description is of the city she walks through. hmmmm

ReputationRep:
    Well what have you ever experienced in your life that you've found exciting yourself? A marriage, a birth, a sporting event, a ride on a roller coaster, a holiday, a concert... your topic is so huge you could write about almost anything

ReputationRep:
    lol I know it's a huge topic. But I guess that's the problem I just can't see myself writing about one specific thing. I have experienced all those things you have mentioned except the birth part. But I guess to me they don't really stand out and I think it's more of the way how I can present something in words to the reader and make it sound great. But thanks your post was helpful.

ReputationRep:
    You mention Virginia Woolf - I'm sure a stream-of-consciousness style piece focussed around something mundane would work very well. :yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lemoncake sucks)
    lol I know it's a huge topic. But I guess that's the problem I just can't see myself writing about one specific thing. I have experienced all those things you have mentioned except the birth part. But I guess to me they don't really stand out and I think it's more of the way how I can present something in words to the reader and make it sound great. But thanks your post was helpful.
    Well you could be all abstract and write a paragraph or two for several things and link them all together with some sort of theme, like a colour or a feeling or an object :dontknow:

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 2, 2010
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.