Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hey,
    Does anyone know how to get a train direct to Reading uni from London paddington. i've tryed using the website but i cant seem to understand it.
    and how much it would be for 1 adult? I have found different prices to get there
    I have a UCAS visit day and interview tomorow.

Thankyou

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hupper12345)
    Hey,
    Does anyone know how to get a train direct to Reading uni from London paddington. i've tryed using the website but i cant seem to understand it.
    and how much it would be for 1 adult? I have found different prices to get there
    I have a UCAS visit day and interview tomorow.

Thankyou
    under 20 if I remember rightly. I bought my tickets at the station though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cousto)
    is that a single or return ticket? How did you get there? and how long did it take?

thanks

ReputationRep:
    London Paddington to Reading station takes 24-30mins. A return should be under £20 if you have a railcard.

ReputationRep:
    Hi

A return ticket costs 32,90£ (off-peak) , you can have discounts if you own a railcard.

See here http://ojp.nationalrail.co.uk/en/s/fares/tickets

ReputationRep:
    cost me £12.45 for a ticket to london paddington from reading including all day travel on the underground, this was with a student rail card though. Don't think it's much more without one though. You want reading station not reading west, go on first great western website and you should manage it, though it might be a bit late now.
    Trains going to Sout west of london in general go through there

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hupper12345)
    is that a single or return ticket? How did you get there? and how long did it take?

thanks
    return...had to go for an interview ..took about 30-45 mins

ReputationRep:
    Thank you everyone. Much appreciated! So its going to cost me around £40 which includes the train to London paddington then to reading then the Bus to the campus.

wow this is kinda expensive!
    i dont have the student rail card! Oh gosh, can i get any other discounts ??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cousto)
    Hey the dancers on your Tab thingy are sick..are they dancing to another language?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Noor1107)
    Hi

A return ticket costs 32,90£ (off-peak) , you can have discounts if you own a railcard.

See here http://ojp.nationalrail.co.uk/en/s/fares/tickets
    Weird, I just checked the same site and it showed me an off peak day return for £15 which sounds a lot more likely considering with a railcard its about £12.

I don't think it's going to be anywhere near £40, it costs me only £18 to get to my house in SE London.

ReputationRep:
    A little tip for the journey back to London: the fastest trains to Paddington always leave Reading from Platform 5, taking 25-30 mins. Other trains can take up to an hour.

ReputationRep:
    A return is like £10 off peak with your young persons, £15 without. If you're getting a bus to the campus from the station and back then ask the driver for a 'busabout' which will be £3. Trains leave all the time and it takes 25 minutes from Paddington.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    It's cheaper to get two singles than a busabout.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah these days the busabouts are only useful if you're getting more than two busses. Except on Sundays when they are only £2.50, something I only found out a week ago despite being here a year and a half!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: February 17, 2010
Poll
Is the Big Bang theory correct?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.