Turn on thread page Beta

how to reduce dark circles, or uneven skin tone? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    hi there. i have medium/light brown skin tone, but im paranoid that my forehead is one color, my nose slighlty lighter, my cheeks another, and the area around my mouth slighly darker, but maybe thats because of hair growth, however my friends do comment on how very little hair i have there, so dont really want 2 start removing it as thatll will make it worse, so i was wondering if their are any remedys or creams out there as a solution, and also how can i reduce dark circles under my eyes, i sleep plenty, and drink plenty of water, all the usual, its a permanent hereditary thing i think, nevertheless shold i use foundation or concealer, and what shade? iv always liked dream matte mousse, but many more have been advertised since then... thanks in advance

ReputationRep:
    Foundation and concealer, its the best way and many swear by it!

ReputationRep:
    im a guy...would love a solution that doesnt involve concealer or make up...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Little_missy01)
    how can i reduce dark circles under my eyes, i sleep plenty, and drink plenty of water, all the usual, its a permanent hereditary thing i think, nevertheless shold i use foundation or concealer, and what shade?
    Touch Eclat - and I'd advise not scrimping on it - YSL or Dior are the most recommended. That'll get rid of the dark circles.
    For even overall skin tone, make sure you tone and moisturise before putting on makeup, and use foundation and powder that's close to your skin tone. Experimenting is the only way to get the right shades, or ask at make-up counters.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    I'd advise L'oreal touche magique over Dior's skinflash to help hide dark circles. And it's just a fraction of the price.

I tend to use a warmer shader under my eyes too - if your concealer is too light, it will make your dark circles appear grey.

Try not to use too many products to cover dark circles - it will only accentuate them.

ReputationRep:
    I heard that an iron deficiency can often be the cause of dark circles?
    I have the same problem, I use concealor or bright eye shadows to detract attention.

ReputationRep:
    I also suffer with dark circles, and I'm pale so it's even more noticeable! I agree with *Star*Guitar* - I use Touché Eclat nearly every day, and although it's about £20, my last one lasted me a year, so it's well worth the investment.

I've tried that Garnier eye roll thing to try and reduce them. . . I don't think it's worked really.

ReputationRep:
    Hiyaa, I have also got uneven skin tone, however i don't know if it's me but i think after wearing make up everyday, for the past 2/3 years or so i believe it's made it worst, now I need make up to cover it!

I use to have really bad dark circles, i still have but they have slighly gone lighter. Sleeping too much or too less can make them worst. Also, applying foundation, powder etc i've learnt that it makes it look grey, and quite ghostly to be honest. Try massarging your dark circles when appyling cream every morning and at night, it's working for me! xx

ReputationRep:
    max factor pan stick!

ReputationRep:
    Hi doll- for the dark circles under your eyes I'm using super cheap concealer from Covergirl (I dont know if u guys have that in the UK though, Im in the US . If it's really bad here's a great trick that saves my life all the time lol: put a spoon in the refrigerator overnight and hold it on your eyes for about 5 mins in the morning- works wonders for me! As for uneven skin tones, I use bronzer from an organic brand, but any bronzer will do the job! it evens your skin tone and gives u a gorgeous overall glow, thats how i do it and i looove it and it's all cheap! Good luck girlie <3

ReputationRep:
    Use a moisturizer with an SPF, that helped my skin a lot.

ReputationRep:
    I'm a guy and I used Dior Skinflash. Can't go wrong!

ReputationRep:
    Best thing I've used: http://www.benefitcosmetics.co.uk/gp...1&bcBrand=core

ReputationRep:
    Thanks ever so much everyone Lots of Love girlies (and guys hehe)

Poll
Is the Big Bang theory correct?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.