Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    HI, i applied for economics to LSE, UCL, Royal Holloway, SOAS and Queen Mary.

I have been rejected from UCL and am still waiting for SOAS and LSE. I have got an unconditional offer from Royal Holloway and a conditional offer from Queen Mary.

My question is that i want to stay in london and dont really want to commute to Royal Holloway and so wanted to know which UNI is better between Royal Holloway, SOAS, Queen Mary in economics BSc.

ReputationRep:
    RHUL, but I'm biased.

TBH the commute to RHUL isn't that bad, but if you want to stay in the centre I'd say SOAS.

ReputationRep:
    From my research I found SOAS is different from most uni's, it small etc. But if you like it (visit it), then I would say definitely SOAS

ReputationRep:
    I really loved RHUL when I went to the Open Day but SOAS is more practical. I'll need to be making the same decision as you OP

ReputationRep:
    According to the Times 2010 league table for the subject, Royal Holloway ranks 27th and Queen Mary is 28th, so not a huge gap. You're also in London and benefit from everything the city has to offer.

ReputationRep:
    Royal Holloway, better area and nicer looking.

ReputationRep:
    Rhul.

ReputationRep:
    Soas

ReputationRep:
    on location, I'd say SOAS

ReputationRep:
    Soas =)

ReputationRep:
    SOAS - It has an international reputation in regards to development economics. The lecturers are great and I know many graduates who have secured good jobs in the City as a result of studying BSc Economics at SOAS. A graduate friend of mine currently works for the World Bank.

ReputationRep:
    Royal Holloway.

It just stands out for me personally. Don't know why though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mwahaha)
    HI, i applied for economics to LSE, UCL, Royal Holloway, SOAS and Queen Mary.

I have been rejected from UCL and am still waiting for SOAS and LSE. I have got an unconditional offer from Royal Holloway and a conditional offer from Queen Mary.

My question is that i want to stay in london and dont really want to commute to Royal Holloway and so wanted to know which UNI is better between Royal Holloway, SOAS, Queen Mary in economics BSc.
    Visit them and make your decision.
    But:
    i)What do you want to do post uni?
    ii)What is your background?

ReputationRep:
    go for SOAS if you want a uni with rep, its internationally known. Royal holloway is good for economics too, i also got an offer from them, im deciding between them and southampton, so if you want prestige and a the best chance of a city job go for SOAS. To be honest queen marys isnt that great for economics, ppl tend to say RHUL is better than it but queen marys is in a better location. So it all depends on you mate.

ReputationRep:
    SOAS or RHUL, choose on location

ReputationRep:
    idk much about economics but soas just for its coolness and londoness

ReputationRep:
    HI, thanks for your responses i think I'll go for SOAS, I've been to SOAS and the commute is much better, although i did like the scenery in egham. however, i think ultimately it comes down to the fact that SOAS is sought of in the city business district, which more chances for me to get in touch with a potential employer.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 5, 2010
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. SAE Institute
    Animation, Audio, Film, Games, Music, Business, Web Further education
    Thu, 16 Aug '18
  2. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
  3. University of Bolton
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
Poll
Do you want your parents to be with you when you collect your A-level results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.