lentils
    noodles
    soup
    tomato sauces

ReputationRep:
    spaghetti
    macaroni

ReputationRep:
    Posted this on a similar thread but useful here as well Student grub cookbook

Family member bought me this, about 8 years ago and is still well used. lots of recipes designed for no budget eating.

ReputationRep:
    What about pizza, jacket potatoes, stir fry, and theres mexican food like fajitas, buritos, nachos and enchilladas etc etc

ReputationRep:
    MINCE. buy mince, and you can make chilli con carne, spaghetti bolognese (admittedly pasta, but yummy) nachos, tacos, shepherd's pie...

ReputationRep:
    Cous cous (the stuff in big bags not individual sachets). Dead cheap and involves minimal effort.

Big bags of frozen vegetables are also good.

ReputationRep:
    noodles, couscous, polenta , potatoes , lentils, pulses and ting...

ReputationRep:
    chips. it's like £2 for a really big bag.

ReputationRep:
    Cook it differently...

coconut rice, puloa, biriyani, paella, risotto, arincini, rice and bean/tofu burgers, rice milk, rice pudding. It's just a staple, can be dressed up.

Pasta... try it baked with roasted vegetables, with different sauces (creamy mushroom, macaroni cheese, pasta bake, lasagne etc) Try different cheeses on top, mozzarella, goats cheese, cheddar, whatever floats your boat...

But as for another thing to buy in bulk, i recommend sweet potato, I love them!!

ReputationRep:
    Mashed potatoes... one of my favourite staples.

Poll
Are you going to a festival?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.