Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Well today I was supposed to stop taking my pill for the break, and I forgot!
    I had a few left over in the pack due to me messing packs up abit ago, so I always have one spare one left for the day I'm supposed to stop. If that makes sense?!

ANYWAY, today I took that pill by accident annnnd I was wondering what I should do? Carry on taking my next pack as normal (I don't like doing this because it feels weird not having a period) or can I just take my break from tomorrow?

Thanks for any help

ReputationRep:
    If it's only one pill over, it should be fine to just start your break tomorrow. I've done it before when I wanted to start earlier/later!

ReputationRep:
    I would just carry on taking the next pack of pills, the 'period' you get on the pill isn't a real one anyway.

ReputationRep:
    Personally, I would run the next pack and just miss your bleed. I don't like messing about with the pill, but if you want to bleed I'd ring your GP just to make sure its okay.

Personally I would continue taking the next pack ''miss the bleed'' and then when you finish that pack - have the bleed then (hope that mess sense).

ReputationRep:
    Surely it doesn't matter if you have a run of pills that's 22 long instead of 21? There can't be a magic number that determines if it works or not and one more or one fewer will mess the whole thing up . Just stop now and carry on after the break period.

ReputationRep:
    It doesn't matter either way. I usually just stop and find that I might come on a day later than expected.

ReputationRep:
    It won't matter. You can stop now and have a normal withdrawal bleed.

ReputationRep:
    You can choose whether you want to stop and have the bleed, or carry on with the pack and then do so.
    It doesn't really matter as its not a real period anyway.

ReputationRep:
    Like others have said, you're fine to have a period now. Taking the extra pill is just the same concept as delaying your period for a week by taking 7 more pills or running two packs together.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 4, 2010
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.