Turn on thread page Beta

Took my pill by accident! watch

Well today I was supposed to stop taking my pill for the break, and I forgot!
    I had a few left over in the pack due to me messing packs up abit ago, so I always have one spare one left for the day I'm supposed to stop. If that makes sense?!

ANYWAY, today I took that pill by accident annnnd I was wondering what I should do? Carry on taking my next pack as normal (I don't like doing this because it feels weird not having a period) or can I just take my break from tomorrow?

Thanks for any help

ReputationRep:
    If it's only one pill over, it should be fine to just start your break tomorrow. I've done it before when I wanted to start earlier/later!

ReputationRep:
    I would just carry on taking the next pack of pills, the 'period' you get on the pill isn't a real one anyway.

ReputationRep:
    Personally, I would run the next pack and just miss your bleed. I don't like messing about with the pill, but if you want to bleed I'd ring your GP just to make sure its okay.

Personally I would continue taking the next pack ''miss the bleed'' and then when you finish that pack - have the bleed then (hope that mess sense).

ReputationRep:
    Surely it doesn't matter if you have a run of pills that's 22 long instead of 21? There can't be a magic number that determines if it works or not and one more or one fewer will mess the whole thing up . Just stop now and carry on after the break period.

ReputationRep:
    It doesn't matter either way. I usually just stop and find that I might come on a day later than expected.

ReputationRep:
    It won't matter. You can stop now and have a normal withdrawal bleed.

ReputationRep:
    You can choose whether you want to stop and have the bleed, or carry on with the pack and then do so.
    It doesn't really matter as its not a real period anyway.

ReputationRep:
    Like others have said, you're fine to have a period now. Taking the extra pill is just the same concept as delaying your period for a week by taking 7 more pills or running two packs together.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 4, 2010
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.