Turn on thread page Beta

David Cameron's 'pact' with Gordon Brown over BNP watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kiwiguy)
    Im intolerant of blacks, jews, gays, etc etc. with no worries, just not nazi scum like you..
    So you are not tolerant?

Also I am not a Nazi... A general economically liberal Tory.
    Nazi's were too involved in peoples lives... big Government is never good.

It is glad to see a lot of you intolerant students finally coming out and showing your true colours though.

ReputationRep:
    People in Barking would be so annoyed if this ever happened, that it would probably just push them towards the BNP as a protest.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by daytona01)
    do you know what i find disgusting about those who seriously oppose the BNP...

You don't want 'racist' (the level of racism present is also debatable too) people in parliament but you are quite happy backing parties who love to line their own pockets with your money. Besides, if we assume that nick griffin is polishing up his party to make it more appealing, can you same that this isn't true for any other political party out there?
    Well put it this way - if I was given just two options; licking a turd or killing my mother, and I had to pick one, then I would obviously pick the first one. Both options are terrible but at least one of them I can live with.

ReputationRep:
    Such a pact is fundamentally anti-democratic, an an unnatural perversion of the normal course of the elections, which serves only to bring about the situation where the mainstream parties and political elites do not have to address the reasons for the very existence of the BNP.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CharlieBee_90)
    Well put it this way - if I was given just two options; licking a turd or killing my mother, and I had to pick one, then I would obviously pick the first one. Both options are terrible but at least one of them I can live with.
    Funny because;

1. You likely haven't licked a turd

2. You likely haven't met Nick Griffin

And thus you don't know what either feels like.

I like to think i defend the right of free speech in this country, but when people take attitudes like yours it is actually just as discriminatory as you claim the BNP are. Irrespective of their legitimacy a lot of people trample on their rights and discriminate without a second thought.

He has ideas, some are stupid and some are brilliant. That is why people have voted for him. He is actually a pretty intelligent guy (didn't he get a degree at oxford or cambridge?)

Its like this, if I were to join the BNP then I would be branded a racist and a gay-hater (i'm bi myself) when i'm not neither of them simply because we are told they are racist and homophobic. I would also have a problem going into teaching so in that respect the whole of the UK tramples on my rights. That is called discrimination plain and simple.

Charliebee, you discriminate. You compare some guy you've likely never met, never sat down with and had a chat with to licking a turd. Again, perhaps the BNP is all the things people think but unless they are given a chance to **** up then it will only ever be media-fuelled speculation.

Basically stop ******* up free speech. He has as much right to run as any of the major parties, but is at a tremendous disadvantage thanks to the media portraying the bad aspects of the party. Racist BNP members exist, but not all members will be! It has legitimacy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KrazyKro)
    Seriously, when the **** will people start looking beyond skin colour? If u cant get a job than thats YOUR problem, its a competition out there, get used to it or GTFO?
    to be fair even many BNP supporters will look past skin colour.

You see personally, being INTERESTED in the BNP (but having yet to vote for them) i see the problem being;

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...K-economy.html

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/2019385.stm

You, my friend, are NOT a problem. Being on here assumes your a student and thus assumes your making a positive contribution towards society. After all, that is what citizenship is all about.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kiwiguy)
    So your saying that a town like Winchester is pro BNP?

Lol dream on...
    LOL why on earth would I dream of Winchester bein pro BNP.

All I am saying is that you should stop being so narrow minded as to thinking BNP supporters are working class people up in the north.

Idiot.

ReputationRep:
    Sorry, but just to clarify this: a number of the BNP's policies are racist and homophobic, and by joining the BNP you are supporting racist and homophobic policies. There're no grey areas here — if you're a supporter of the BNP you're implicitly racist and homophobic. If you're not, then you're supporting the wrong party regardless of what you think of their other policies.

And what are you talking about, a chance to speak? The BNP has been speaking for years, and the majority of it has been extremely unsavoury. We're not told they're racist and homophobic — their racist and homophobic policies are out there for all to see!

I could kind of understand if the BNP's policies were genuinely geared towards the British, but they're not. They're geared towards whites, and that racist slant is exactly what causes most people to condemn them.

ReputationRep:
    The BNP aren't for British, they are for the British heterosexual white man aged 18-55.

I can't take a party which says "rape is ok" as "women enjoy sex" seriously. Red FTW btw :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Teaddict)
    So you are not tolerant?

Also I am not a Nazi... A general economically liberal Tory.
    Nazi's were too involved in peoples lives... big Government is never good.

It is glad to see a lot of you intolerant students finally coming out and showing your true colours though.
    Why are you proud of being English and/or British when you didn't choose your country of birth?

ReputationRep:
    Sterilise the unemployed. There you go, BNP and future demagoguery solved for all time...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ryan W)
    Sorry, but just to clarify this: a number of the BNP's policies are racist and homophobic, and by joining the BNP you are supporting racist and homophobic policies. There're no grey areas here — if you're a supporter of the BNP you're implicitly racist and homophobic. If you're not, then you're supporting the wrong party regardless of what you think of their other policies.

And what are you talking about, a chance to speak? The BNP has been speaking for years, and the majority of it has been extremely unsavoury. We're not told they're racist and homophobic — their racist and homophobic policies are out there for all to see!

I could kind of understand if the BNP's policies were genuinely geared towards the British, but they're not. They're geared towards whites, and that racist slant is exactly what causes most people to condemn them.
    Yes, i am implicitly racist and homophobic despite being openly bisexual :rolleyes:

If this post was referring to my points, you need not clarify anything because i already acknowledged that have been guilty of being racist.

But they have, as people say, 'polished up their policies' as of late. Too many people jump at them for doing it simply to gain votes, when in all honesty no party is innocent of such acts. I agree that the BNP have flaws like any other party out there, but if they were to respect the british citizens as a whole and only engage in deportation with non citizens or those who commit a crime (which is what they basically say!) then you can assume that they will allow the asian (for example) who was born a british citizen and is contributing to society to remain in the country and draw benefits if needed.

You see, apparently i'm supporting the wrong party, your trying to tell me how to think. In reality i'm not voting for any party right now, and just want to meet a few people who have an open mind with the issue. There are surprisingly a few people on here who are like this too.

The majority of the time nick has his free speech trampled on by supporters of other parties. Question time was particularly disgusting, in that instead of discussing major issues (which nick is addressing) the main parties spent half the time criticising the BNP. The media puts a spin on him too. In all fairness i just want the government to pick up on some of his issues and instead of trying to ridicule a party simply adopt and tailor them. That way i'd support the big 3 more plain and simple.

Polished or not the BNP's manifesto is only slightly racist. They have also legitimately ran for many years now so if they were so racist why didn't the government ban them like germany did with the Nazis?

the BNP should serve to be a foundation. I don't necessarily think they should gain power but their ideas should be adopted. Then again, they have never been given the chance to **** up like the big 3, so anything you say with regards to how they will run the country is speculation anyway. Just have an open mind!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stalin)
    Why are you proud of being English and/or British when you didn't choose your country of birth?
    I will answer that with a question.

If your parents saved lives would you be proud of them even though you didn't choose your parents?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kickflip)
    Racism is hating other races, the BNP is about looking after their own race first, there is a difference. Ooh do explain I'm intrigued. What could the third world or second world possibly do for us? We already keep them alive with food and medicine, and you are saying WE could not live without THEM? How does them taking jobs and houses and school places and benefits and seats on the bus from me benefit me in terms of globalist politics?

If anyone with a name like 'Kiwiguy' doesn't support the BNP I think they would take that as a compliment.
    racism inot hating other races, it's discriminating based on race.

putting your own race first is exactly that. therefore by your own admission they are racist.

ReputationRep:
    I will answer that with a question.

If your parents saved lives would you be proud of them even though you didn't choose your parents?
    I wouldn't be proud, instead I'd be admirative because of what they did towards me(i.e having saved my life).

My question still stands by the way. Why are you proud of being English and/or British when you didn't choose your country of birth?

ReputationRep:
    Im sure this has happened before under different circumstances? :curious: Also, complaining about lack of democracy when it suits you only is rather amusing.

(Im sure the BNP supporters will interpret this as: 'D0wN w1tH WhIt3 pe0pl3Z L0L :ahee:)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stalin)
    I wouldn't be proud, instead I'd be admirative because of what they did towards me(i.e having saved my life).

My question still stands by the way. Why are you proud of being English and/or British when you didn't choose your country of birth?
    So you wouldn't be proud of your parents?
    Personally, I would be.

ReputationRep:
    It's funny how the OP talks of putting British people first.
    Well if anything, I'd claim that "LibLabCon" are doing exactly that!

What the OP wants is for the BNP to put white people first.

ReputationRep:
    So you wouldn't be proud of your parents?
    Personally, I would be.
    No I wouldn't be, instead, as I've already pointed out, I'd be admirative.

ReputationRep:
    So? the LibLab agreement did a similar thing. Parties do this all the time, don't be so butthurt about it.

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.