Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    i love my peircing i got it done 2 christmases ago and ive had mixed feedback alot of people love it but still alot of people wasn't so keen. whats your opinions?

its a dermal anchor peircing hurts incredibily!

ReputationRep:
    Looks cool. I'm a fan of surface piercings!

ReputationRep:
    not my cup'a'tea lol

ReputationRep:
    I have one on my chest. Liked it for a while, hate it now and want rid.

As far as piercings go they're a bad idea imo because you can't just take them out when you get bored. If I could go back in time and not get it, I would.

ReputationRep:
    honestly i like it looks a bit stupid/ weird randomly just being there but thats just me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sakura-Chan)
    I have one on my chest. Liked it for a while, hate it now and want rid.

As far as piercings go they're a bad idea imo because you can't just take them out when you get bored. If I could go back in time and not get it, I would.
    Not meaning to hijack the thread, but how do they work? And they're permanent?

OP, I like it, but not for me.

ReputationRep:
    ive had it done for almost 2 and half years now and im still now bored of it, personally i love it! but i always have liked surface peircings. the only part i dont like to think about is the surgically removed part but im sure i wont get bored of it. ill be 80 and still showing of my bling ha!

ReputationRep:
    I just took my snakebites out and now have 3 small scars on my lower lip (had a previous lip piercing).

Sort of regret it now! However dont think its too bad on the wrist!

ReputationRep:
    its done by a round scapul (the things the surgeons use to open up skin) they cut a bit of your flesh out of your arm or whereever you chose to have it done and then they insert a t bar with a gem/diamond on top and then it heals back as normal only showing the gem! ive never had any infections or problems with mine which is cool.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tinkz-x)
    i love my peircing i got it done 2 christmases ago and ive had mixed feedback alot of people love it but still alot of people wasn't so keen. whats your opinions?

its a dermal anchor peircing hurts incredibily!

I"ve never seen a piercing like that before, its nice!.How did you have it put in, and how does it stay in?.

EDIT : Just read your reply, OP.

ReputationRep:
    i think i enjoy the fact of people never seeing one before and being stunned by how it works and plus i like being unique and i think this peircing is the most unique one out there at the moment

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Annie72)
    I"ve never seen a piercing like that before, its nice!.How did you have it put in, and how does it stay in?.

EDIT : Just read your reply, OP.
    its done by a round scapul (the things the surgeons use to open up skin) they cut a bit of your flesh out of your arm or whereever you chose to have it done and then they insert a t bar with a gem/diamond on top and then it heals back as normal only showing the gem! ive never had any infections or problems with mine which is cool.

ReputationRep:
    I don't really like it that much tbh, looking at it makes me think it must really hurt!.....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vegastwotimes)
    Not meaning to hijack the thread, but how do they work? And they're permanent?
    The one I have in looks like this:

The piercer makes a pocket in your skin, the microdermal anchor is slipped under the skin so all the flat part is under, and just the enough of the post sticks out to screw the top on to. The idea is that your flesh grows through the holes and the jewellery is 'anchored' in.

Like this:
    Spoiler:
    Show

ReputationRep:
    lol, yeah it does hurt alot but after a while you forget about the pain and wont another one somewhere else ha!

ReputationRep:

The piercer makes a pocket in your skin, the microdermal anchor is slipped under the skin so all the flat part is under, and just the enough of the post sticks out to screw the top on to. The idea is that your flesh grows through the holes and the jewellery is 'anchored' in.

Like this:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    yeah thats the same thing i have under my skin in my wrist!

ReputationRep:
    I hate them. Looks silly to me.

ReputationRep:

Like this:
    Spoiler:
    Show

I'm sure it looks amazing but the thought of having it done makes me feel a bit sick! You're a lot braver than I am. :p:

Thanks for explaining!

ReputationRep:

superior.
    http://www.bmezine.com/news/people/A10101/addsub/

ReputationRep:
    It looks like a bit of an odd place to put one, that's just my personal opinion though. If you like ti then cool.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 3, 2010
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.