(Original post by rorydaredking)
    say dropped=invalidated warranty
    Well duh.

ReputationRep:
    Try another store!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RightSaidJames)
    Well duh.
    You saying they're right or wrong? Sarcasm doesn't transfer onto forum posts.

ReputationRep:
    You saying they're right or wrong? Sarcasm doesn't transfer onto forum posts.
    Of course they're right! You broke it, so why should they pay for the damage?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, if you dropped it and it broke they're hardly going to replace it for free. That's why they offer a single low fee of £139. It's way cheaper than the price of a new phone, which they have every legal right to charge. If you want damage cover, get it insured.

ReputationRep:
    But I didnt break it by dropping it. It was broken before dropping. Clearly they do replace some that were broken by dropping such as post 8.

ReputationRep:
    But I didnt break it by dropping it. It was broken before dropping. Clearly they do replace some that were broken by dropping such as post 8.
    Well, how did it break? Magically?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RightSaidJames)
    Well, how did it break? Magically?
    Dropping isn't the only way to break something. Or in your world is it the only way to break things?
    I have no idea how it broke all I know is that it was broken before I dropped it.

ReputationRep:
    I seem to be the opposite of everyone else here - I don't want a new one, I just want my old one fixed. I get attached to phones, I'm just sentimental like that

ReputationRep:
    £140 is the cost of a new refurbished iphone.
    however, today i went in with water damage, completely broken, with all water in the LCD too and the lady said because it was my first time she wasn't going to charge me.
    It was like 10 mins before closing and i was the only person in the store...worth a try if you're going to go in anyway

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered mobile phones threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.