Turn on thread page Beta

Anon/Del

I'll just ask, no point for any pre-amble.

I've noticed that when I wear a condom, it seems to be very tight and presses against the vein, making it actually quite hurt and sometimes lose the erection.

Is that something you just get used to, or should I be looking at trying a different brand/size, etc...? If so, what would you suggest?

I am using Durex extra safe atm.

Cheers.

ReputationRep:
    Find a condom-size chart - they go by girth. Sounds like you probs need a bigger one though.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Yep, try wider ones.

Oh, if you mean the long thing on the bottom of your penis, that's your urethra and, yes, having that squashed when you're ejaculating can hurt as the semen tries to squeeze through.

Durex Extra Safe are made of thicker latex than standard Durex condoms hence the 'Extra' so they are less stretchy and therefore feel tighter. This can make them uncomfortable if you are bigger than average in girth i.e. >5".

If you have a tape measure handy measure yourself and see how you compare.

If you find the average off-the-shelf condoms uncomfortable to wear then you can get bigger sizes online. This is what I bought a while back so I could try out some different sizes to see what worked. I would recommend that you get a pack yourself and try out a few different condoms until you find one that is comfortable.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, I have to use a Magnum, just get those. I have a 6 inch girth, measure yourself and you'll know what you need to do.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 7, 2010
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.