Turn on thread page Beta

Should I send a valentines card...? (but not exactly normal situation) watch

Okay, I'll try and keep this as short as possible..

Basically, I'm an 18 year old girl, in college. There's a girl (yes, a girl) who I've been practically in love with for nearly 18 months (!)
    I'm not exactly friends with her, but I speak to her occasionally..
    I really really want to send her a valentine's card (anonymously..), but I'm not even really sure why. I mean, I'm pretty sure she's straight, so nothing's ever going to happen, but I guess I just hope that knowing someone likes her will make her happy!

Thing is, I'm worried she might guess it was me (cos I'm a bit worried she suspects I like her already, due to my failed attempts at trying not to stare at her :sigh:) And if she did, I don't know if it would freak her out knowing another girl likes her??
    Any suggestions would be appreciated.. :o: thanks x.

bump?

ReputationRep:
    no, dont do it x

ReputationRep:
    Well, what have you got to lose? If you're "not exactly friends" it's not as though you have a friendship on the line, and what would be so bad about her realising it was from you? You may be pleasantly surprised.

Are you publicly "out"? Are you concerned that she would make it public if she knew it was from you?

ReputationRep:
    Don't over think it. Send her the card and sign it with your name. If she's interested you're made up and good luck, if she's not you see if you can be friends by how she responds, if neither you've lost nothing.

Thanks for the replies

I think I will send it... I guess I might as well heh :shot:
    although I doubt I'll write my name!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Okay, I'll try and keep this as short as possible..

Basically, I'm an 18 year old girl, in college. There's a girl (yes, a girl) who I've been practically in love with for nearly 18 months (!)
    I'm not exactly friends with her, but I speak to her occasionally..
    I really really want to send her a valentine's card (anonymously..), but I'm not even really sure why. I mean, I'm pretty sure she's straight, so nothing's ever going to happen, but I guess I just hope that knowing someone likes her will make her happy!

Thing is, I'm worried she might guess it was me (cos I'm a bit worried she suspects I like her already, due to my failed attempts at trying not to stare at her :sigh:) And if she did, I don't know if it would freak her out knowing another girl likes her??
    Any suggestions would be appreciated.. :o: thanks x.
    Your in love with someone you speak to occasionally....
    May want to rethink that 'love' idea.
    I wouldn't do it. Only will make her paranoid if she is straight/awkward around you.

ReputationRep:
    I dont really understand the point of doing it anonymously?

(Original post by Mazty)
    Your in love with someone you speak to occasionally....
    May want to rethink that 'love' idea.
    I wouldn't do it. Only will make her paranoid if she is straight/awkward around you.
    I said practically in love with
    And thinking about it, I actually speak to her nearly everyday... :rolleyes:

...I guess the point of sending it anonymously is that I just want her to know.. i dont know really.. it must feel good knowing someone likes you right? I just her to be happy.

(after saying that, im definitely not writing my name on it, I don't think that would make her happy at all.)

ReputationRep:
    Send her this image i just made for you:

http://i50.tinypic.com/2z87prl.gif

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 3, 2010
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.