Turn on thread page Beta

Didn't get the offer I thought i would watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Well basicly,

I applied to Kent uni at canterbury for law on the grounds that in their undergraduate prospectus 2010 book it says

"Offer levels A/AS levels: 320 points (over 3 A levels or equivalent) Including AB at A level.

And today I just recieved my offer from them of AAB.

Is it wrong that they say in their book that their offer will be ABB and then give out offers of AAB?

ReputationRep:
    They haven't done anything wrong unfortunately..
    in the prospectus they tell you the average offer they can lower it or increase it
    but if you ring them they might change it

ReputationRep:
    Yeah unfortunately they can give out whatever offers they like.

ReputationRep:
    They can give out any offer they want. Suck it up or reject it.

ReputationRep:
    Be glad you got an offer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Snapshot13)
    Well basicly,

I applied to Kent uni at canterbury for law on the grounds that in their undergraduate prospectus 2010 book it says

"Offer levels A/AS levels: 320 points (over 3 A levels or equivalent) Including AB at A level.

Is it wrong that they say in their book that their offer will be ABB and then give out offers of AAB?
    Exact same happened to me with Leeds. The book said ABB, they say AAB. Nothing you can do I'm afraid other than work very hard for the grades. A lot of unis have raised their offers recently.

ReputationRep:
    I know how you feel. My entry requirements for Kent were BCC-BBC and they offered me BBB. Ain't going there though. :P

ReputationRep:
    You've got an offer, stop complaining, and do the work you need to.

ReputationRep:
    Putting kent down as my firm would now be a big risk though =/ So I might have to completly reject the offer.

ReputationRep:
    At least you got an offer. Their entry requirements are generally just guidelines, factors such as your statement and reference could have made them up your offer.

ReputationRep:
    Uni is getting competitive so you gotta work hard to compete I'm afraid.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by truthandtragedy)
    At least you got an offer. Their entry requirements are generally just guidelines, factors such as your statement and reference could have made them up your offer.
    From my research, every offer iv seen given by Kent for Law has been AAB. Ahh nevermind I guess. Just have to wait and see how well I did in my last Maths exams.

ReputationRep:
    Massive increase in student applications this year means they can pick better candidates and make higher offers.

ReputationRep:
    i had the same problem when i was applying aswell

the uni's that i was applying to all increased the grades they wanted, just before i was about to apply lol so i had to re-think it all

they just do it because of the competition i think

but dont worry, they'll probably offer u a conditional offer

that happened to me, a few of the uni's that i applied to, i wasnt near there required grades, but after reading my references and personal statment they've offered me conditionals

ReputationRep:
    Well basicly,

Try and give them a call and explain to them your concerns but in the mean time just try your hardest, that's all you can do. Goodluck!

ReputationRep:
    You got an offer for goodness sake!

ReputationRep:
    Are you sure that you don't have the old prospectus, cos that's what the grade requirements were last year, and I heard that they were increased this year.

ReputationRep:
    Nope it's not wrong that they did that. It usually says 'typical offer:.......', meaning that it isn't always necessarily that offer. Even if it doesn't say that, they can still make whatever offers they like. Look on the bright side - it's an offer .

ReputationRep:
    Well basicly,

What a pointless thread!!!!! :mad:

There entitled to offer you whatever they want... Grow up and deal with it!

ReputationRep:
    They perhaps decided they would only be interested in you if you got those points?

Or it could be that they raised their overall standards due to the amount of promising applications they received.

Poll
Cats or dogs?
Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.