Turn on thread page Beta

I've chosen to continue with English Literature and Biology for my A2 year,
    but I don't know which one i should continue and which one i should drop out of law and psychology??

Also, i want to do dentistry at univercity, yes i know i dont have a chemistry a level and im aware that i'll have to do a pre-dental year too.

Help please ?

ReputationRep:
    i'll go with drop psycology, just because it gets less respect than law

ReputationRep:
    I'd say drop law.. psychology is more applicable to real life and a more valuable skill in my opinion. Law as an a level isn't regarded that highly.. I want a career in law and have been told from the beginning from teachers, admissions officers, lecturers etc that if you want a career in law your best bet is taking completely different a levels.. law is just too focussed.

I know you want to do dentistry, not law, but just an example of how law is regarded.

ReputationRep:
    Well psychology is a science so it will be better if you carried this subject in A2

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by areyousure?)
    Well psychology is a science so it will be better if you carried this subject in A2
    Very true also. Science subject- also essay based in A2 so is an all-rounder really.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bright.Inspiration.)
    I've chosen to continue with English Literature and Biology for my A2 year,
    but I don't know which one i should continue and which one i should drop out of law and psychology??

Also, i want to do dentistry at univercity, yes i know i dont have a chemistry a level and im aware that i'll have to do a pre-dental year too.

Help please ?
    trust me on this, drop psycho

(Original post by bds007)
    trust me on this, drop psycho
    why drop psychology?

ReputationRep:
    I'd drop law, definitely.

ReputationRep:
    I'd have said drop law and keep up with the pscology you can always realate this to the course as there is an element of it in the course and stuff when dealing with patients

ReputationRep:
    it doesn't matter at all. people saying drop one or the other haven't got a clue. studying dentistry contains amounts of psychology and also aspects of law regarding treatment. All an interviewer would want you to do is justify your decision and in both cases you can. Do what you enjoy find easiest etc.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bright.Inspiration.)
    why drop psychology?
    when uni's see an A-level in law they will be more impressed than one in psycho

Make ur decision carefully, gd luck!

ReputationRep:
    when uni's see an A-level in law they will be more impressed than one in psycho

Make ur decision carefully, gd luck!
    i would definitely disagree.

psychology is becoming much more respected now, some universities have even taken it off the "black list"

OP, do which you enjoy the most, but i would go for psych

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TwirlGirl)
    i would definitely disagree.

psychology is becoming much more respected now, some universities have even taken it off the "black list"

OP, do which you enjoy the most, but i would go for psych
    lol, pshycho is being taken off the black list how does it make it better than law which was never on it to start with?

ReputationRep:
    lol, pshycho is being taken off the black list how does it make it better than law which was never on it to start with?
    Law isn't exactly a respected subject. People applying to do Law at uni are encouraged NOT to take it, so surely that says something?!
    Psychology can be applied to dentistry in some cases, and classed as a science, makes it imo a much better subject choice.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TwirlGirl)
    Law isn't exactly a respected subject. People applying to do Law at uni are encouraged NOT to take it, so surely that says something?!
    Psychology can be applied to dentistry in some cases, and classed as a science, makes it imo a much better subject choice.
    Yeah exactly. No one thinks Law is a hardcore A level like Maths/Sciences etc, infact its more like business study or accounts, I mean good unis want you to do harder A levels than do those 2 to get onto Business Admin or Accountancy course. Same with Law students as people are saying before.

Besides I know people and have seen many on here with Chem,Bio,Physcology as their final A-levels and getting into Medicine. SO i would suggest the same for Dentistry

University open days

• University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Days - Exeter Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 24 Oct '18
  • University of Bradford
    Faculty of Health Studies Postgraduate
    Wed, 24 Oct '18
  • Northumbria University
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Wed, 24 Oct '18
Poll
Do protests make a difference in political decisions?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.