Turn on thread page Beta

Girls carrying condoms watch

I was talking to some of my girlfriends about this and a lot of them seemed really surprised that I always carry condoms in my purse. Personally, I just think it's being sensible. I've had sex and although I don't particularly intend on having a one night stand, I like to be prepared if I felt like it. Also I have a pretty bad latex allergy so I can't use ordinary condoms ever. I have told the guy I am currently seeing but I wouldn't necessarily want to tell every guy I see before the moment arose. Frankly, I don't see it as ridiculous that I'm taking responsibility for my own sexual health rather than relying on a guy to do so, but it seems some people disagree :shrug:

ReputationRep:
    i dont see why its any of their business anyway

ReputationRep:
    Taking responsibility for your own sexual health ftw.

ReputationRep:
    Good on them for being prepared. A condom can hold a lot of water and so is good as a water bottle in emergency situations. It's also good for making balloon animals.

ReputationRep:
    It's a good idea, don't worry about your friends.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thethinker)
    Good on them for being prepared. A condom can hold a lot of water and so is good as a water bottle in emergency situations. It's also good for making balloon animals.
    Ever tried using them for sex? just a thought...:ahee:

ReputationRep:
    Fair enough.

ReputationRep:
    :yy:

Although remember not to leave the same condom in your purse for ages, cause it'll loose effectiveness.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tom//)
    i dont see why its any of their business anyway
    or ours

ReputationRep:
    I still don't understand the whole "but it's his penis, so he should carry a condom" argument.
    plus a guy's wallet/back pocket is the worst place in the world to keep a condom.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cardine92)
    Taking responsibility for your own sexual health ftw.
    Ditto :yep:

ReputationRep:
    i say fair play to you - wish more people were as sensible as you

ReputationRep:
    I only carry them when I'm in a relationship with someone, the guy I'm with the now is the first and only man I've slept with without condoms so I don't bother carrying them atm.

ReputationRep:
    ****gy

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Straightpath)
    ****gy
    ****gy in which way? The way in which you'd rather people didn't have protection when they needed it and ended up having unprotected sex, spreading disease and causing unwanted pregnancy, I take it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MovingOn)
    ****gy in which way? The way in which you'd rather people didn't have protection when they needed it and ended up having unprotected sex, spreading disease and causing unwanted pregnancy, I take it?
    No not really, just the thought of someone (a girl in this case) leaving their house with the intention of getting laid by a randomer, whom they don't even know otherwise there would be no need for protection, that's ****gyy :eek3:

ReputationRep:
    I wish I could meet more girls like you

:mmm:

(Original post by Straightpath)
    ****gy
    I don't think she is. She is just being cautious and carrying condoms that cater for her allergy of latex.

(Original post by fox_the_fix)
    I wish I could meet more girls like you
    Just because I have a condom on me does not mean I am going to use it.

You need a penis first

ReputationRep:
    Better safe than sorry!
    Unless ofcourse you sabotage the condoms by poking tiny holes through them, to get the guy trapped :dry:

Personally if I didn't have any but the girl did, I'd rather not have sex at all...I tend not to trust other people :dry: and I have way too much to lose if some wretched swine of a woman decides to trap me and ruin my life :mad:

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 3, 2010
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.