Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    My college had just told me we have to decide what to keep to A2 and waht to drop/pick up after half term, 3 weeks today! I have until the 23rd....

Results day is the 11th of March, I thought I could see how those went then decide, guess not. They say it's because of competion for courses with the new students in september

Is everybody elses college/sixth form got this deadline. I think it's a bit harsh and telling us only now??

Plus we soon start doing UCAS form etc. I feel like it's everything at once :woo: I have to decide what uni courses to do, get work experience and extra curriculars sorted as well as keeping up my as work now (which I wasn't even doing to good before).

ReputationRep:
    Thats mad, even if you do badly in one of your courses in January you can always pick it back up in Summer, seems silly as they could potentially make you drop your best subject?

I am doing A2 this year and we practically had to beg our head of year to drop a subject at the start of September, dropping not even mentioned during AS lol

ReputationRep:
    OMG..
    I had this conversation today and was ready to start a thread
    Subjects guys?

ReputationRep:
    I'm in the same boat, only we had to give our choices in on Friday, for some weird reason. :/
    It is mad, but maybe you might be able to change your options after your exams if is doesn't work out?
    UCAS is freaking me out a bit as well...
    Extra-currics? Community/ volunteer stuff? Subjects? Ack! :p:

ReputationRep:
    They should at least wait until March to pressurize you in to these decisions.

Not February when no one has their results.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Delight :))
    OMG..
    I had this conversation today and was ready to start a thread
    Subjects guys?
    We shuld start a thread for it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Skye333)
    We shuld start a thread for it
    Lool

ReputationRep:
    I made up my mind and dropped Business Studies, out of Economics, Government and Politics and Histpry..
    I find Business Studies the most challenging and it is the easiest lol

ReputationRep:
    My college had just told me we have to decide what to keep to A2 and waht to drop/pick up after half term, 3 weeks today! I have until the 23rd....

Results day is the 11th of March, I thought I could see how those went then decide, guess not. They say it's because of competion for courses with the new students in september

Is everybody elses college/sixth form got this deadline. I think it's a bit harsh and telling us only now??

Plus we soon start doing UCAS form etc. I feel like it's everything at once :woo: I have to decide what uni courses to do, get work experience and extra curriculars sorted as well as keeping up my as work now (which I wasn't even doing to good before).
    My school didnt ask us was what we wanted to drop til the August AS results day (although I already knew before then.) I don't see what the new students have got to do with it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jelly1000)
    My school didnt ask us was what we wanted to drop til the August AS results day (although I already knew before then.) I don't see what the new students have got to do with it.
    I know it's so stupid, I think there's only a certain number of places on courses and we have to apply now or we won't get the ones we want as the new AS students would have taken them, but stil...

ReputationRep:
    Why apply for A2's due to competition? New students will surely be doing first year?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tw1x)
    Why apply for A2's due to competition? New students will surely be doing first year?
    Good point lol! I think it's because almost everyone drops an A2 and picks up an AS. And lots of people retook GCSEs this year, so are actually only starting AS next year? Bit harsh on the rest of us though.

Someone above posted they have to pick on Friday!

ReputationRep:
    Good point lol! I think it's because almost everyone drops an A2 and picks up an AS. And lots of people retook GCSEs this year, so are actually only starting AS next year? Bit harsh on the rest of us though.

Someone above posted they have to pick on Friday!
    Well here, and my previous college, A2 students got priority. Not that there was a limit like. Really strange. You think it would be in August when people get results.

Poll
Cats or dogs?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.