Turn on thread page Beta
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Hey just wondering if anyone here is going to any of the Oxford Law Open Day's, in particular the one on the 19th of March? Has anybody been to one before? If so, what's it like? I had assumed that parents came as well, and then panicked ever so slightly when I realised that they didn't!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Doughnuts!!)
    Hey just wondering if anyone here is going to any of the Oxford Law Open Day's, in particular the one on the 19th of March? Has anybody been to one before? If so, what's it like? I had assumed that parents came as well, and then panicked ever so slightly when I realised that they didn't!!
    They don't????!!!! I thought Oxford open days weren't until June/July. Are you going to a particular subject or college or is it just a general open day? If it is, did you have to book it?
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by Gabriela)
    They don't????!!!! I thought Oxford open days weren't until June/July. Are you going to a particular subject or college or is it just a general open day? If it is, did you have to book it?
    Well my careers lady in my college "nominated" me for the Oxford Law Open Day (limited number of people can go, so only two people from my college allowed") and she told me that the LAW Open Days' are on 17th, 18th and 19th of March. Don't actually know when the general open day is, but I do know that this is just for the Law FACULTY and not for any specific colleges.

ReputationRep:
    Well my careers lady in my college "nominated" me for the Oxford Law Open Day (limited number of people can go, so only two people from my college allowed") and she told me that the LAW Open Days' are on 17th, 18th and 19th of March. Don't actually know when the general open day is, but I do know that this is just for the Law FACULTY and not for any specific colleges.
    The Law Fac asked current students to help out with it. AFAIK you just get to attend lectures to experience what being a student is like, as well as ones which talk about the admissions process & what they expect from law students. Then you get a nice exciting tour around the Law Bod, which is the library attached to the fac and there's some lunch involved somewhere along the way. Although that's just from memory and someone who's actually helped out/signed up to help out might know best. But I do know that parents aren't invited, although there's nothing to stop your parents coming for a day trip in Oxford whilst you're on the open day if you/they feel like it.

ReputationRep:
    I went last year, I really enjoyed it. The post above pretty much explained what the day consisted of, the day just reaffirmed my desire t odo Law. If you have an idea which college you'd like to apply to, I think you can visit some if you email them and ask in advance - but you can go again to look at colleges in the beginning of July and mid September.

ReputationRep:
    Pretty much reaffirming what the previous two posters have said. Because I live far away I got to stay in new colllege the night before, which I loved. Then the next day we had lots of sample lectures and admissions talks. We also got to watch a mock interview with a current student which was really helpful. I had a great day overall. Don't be worried that your parents can't come. You'll get much more out it without them there and make friends with other students.

ReputationRep:
    I understand now I saw it on their website.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Thanks everyone for all the helpful replies! Helped me a lot.

University open days

1. University of Oxford
    All undergraduate colleges and departments Undergraduate
    Fri, 14 Sep '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.