Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi there, are is there anyone whose got an open day/interview for ucl mechanical engineering tomorrow. i got mine, but not sure what 2 expect. any ideas? what sort of questions do they ask in the interview.
    thanks

ReputationRep:
    I have mine tomorrow too ^^. It says in my letter the interview will be 'relatively informal and the focus will be the information provided in your UCAS form'. So I'm guessing that they'll just verify that it is really you who wrote your PS and just ask you generally why you picked the subject, why UCL, ask about specific points of your PS; the usual.

What I'm worried about is the short design exercise =/. I have no knowledge of it whatsoever and there's no threads on it too, so I have no way to prepare for it T.T

ReputationRep:
    what im woried about is getting an offer of 3As lol. 1 of my mates got an offer for that. ive applied for the Beng, wabout u?

ReputationRep:
    Meng

I don't get why some people just get offers and others have an introductory day THEN offers
    I don't know anyone who got anything other than AAA offer so I think that's what everyone will get lol. And since you have an interview, then I'm sure you'll get an offer.

ReputationRep:
    3 A's is a bit much dont u think, i mean ucl is like 30th for mechanical engineering. but i applied for the Beng and on the site they said the offer ranges for ABB - BBB for the Beng, so i am not really 2 sure.

ReputationRep:
    I had an interview back in december and it was literally this guy telling me what my offer would be (AAB for the MEng). The whole day was good though had a tour around the campus and did a little problem solving with the rest of the people there.

ReputationRep:
    Oh then they won't ask for anything higher/lower than the range.
    Because UCL jumped to 4th?5th? place in the overall world university ranking things, they've offered the highest grades to applicants; so in your case they'll probably ask for ABB and AAA for me
    sux -_-.......

ReputationRep:
    thanks 4 that, so they dont really ask u questions ( technical eg maths , physics). my mate had the same thing, just them talking about the offer. also what should i wear?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Smeh)
    I had an interview back in december and it was literally this guy telling me what my offer would be (AAB for the MEng). The whole day was good though had a tour around the campus and did a little problem solving with the rest of the people there.
    OMG AAB?! That's so good D:
    How was the design exercise? What did you have to do?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by minwoos)
    OMG AAB?! That's so good D:
    How was the design exercise? What did you have to do?
    We had to design a wheelchair for going on the tube. We did it in groups and it was all very relaxed and stuff. Maybe it was because the students supervising us were really laid back but we had a right laugh and came up with some really crazy ideas.
    Yeah I was suprised with the AAB aswell tbh. He said he like my personal statement though so that was probably it.
    Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by abs123456)
    thanks 4 that, so they dont really ask u questions ( technical eg maths , physics). my mate had the same thing, just them talking about the offer. also what should i wear?
    I wouldn't mind a little maths or physics, as long it's not literally something to do with design o.o I havn't done any design work since GCSE.
    My friend went to UCL chemistry interview and he said he saw a guy with long girly hair, wearing tracksuits....LOL
    Yeah so I'd wear something smartish. Nothing too casual though, but something that your comfortable in but smart ;o

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Smeh)
    We had to design a wheelchair for going on the tube. We did it in groups and it was all very relaxed and stuff. Maybe it was because the students supervising us were really laid back but we had a right laugh and came up with some really crazy ideas.
    Yeah I was suprised with the AAB aswell tbh. He said he like my personal statement though so that was probably it.
    Good luck!
    Oh doesn't sound too bad then o.o
    I was thinking that it would be some daunting task but I guess if it's just sitting there and giving ideas...I guess that's not too bad ;o
    So I guess there's nothing much to prepare for..?

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.