Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I'm just so bored of life watch

ReputationRep:
    Wasn't sure where to put this topic, so I just threw it here.

So basically, I have decided that life is boring.
    I haven't done anything new in years, all I do is just work to get somewhere new, then work to get somewhere else.
    SATs, then GCSEs now A levels and then a degree, and then at the end of all of that, I'm just going to be working day in day out for pretty much the rest of my life.
    I come home from doing work, and do more work. Then I got to bed and get up and do more work.

My life is so ******* empty, and I don't know what to do with it. I have loads of hobbies, I'm not a complete loser, I play guitar, I sing, I swim. I have friends, but they don't ever really want to do anything outside of college, so I'm generally doing things by myself.

I'm just bored with being lost, and I feel so ******* alone.

ReputationRep:
    Have you tried writing? Like a diary/blog/short stories. That a good outlet. Or do some voluntary work, I use this: http://www.do-it.org.uk/ - meet some friends/give meaning to your life.
    Unfortunately the majority of us will end up in a 9-5 but you've got to keep up your own interests and hobbies.

ReputationRep:
    You play guitar - join a band and get gigging? If you're into music that is. It gets me out the house.

ReputationRep:
    try getting addicted to TSR, that'll lighten up your life

ReputationRep:
    Maybe it's not all about this life?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by somethingbeautiful)
    Have you tried writing? Like a diary/blog/short stories. That a good outlet. Or do some voluntary work, I use this: http://www.do-it.org.uk/ - meet some friends/give meaning to your life.
    Unfortunately the majority of us will end up in a 9-5 but you've got to keep up your own interests and hobbies.
    have you actually made friends/had good experiences doing the opportunities you've found on that site?

i'm always browsing it and have been meaning to start doing some voluntary work for ages, but i'm really scared and ideally want to do something that's at least a little social too.

ReputationRep:
    You know what this is really weird because i had the same dilemma! EXACTLY the same! But i try to look on the brighter side. As in im intending to move away to america for a year with a friend. And will hopefully get to travel alot. What im trying to say is whatever dream there is that you have you should try your hardest to get! Then maybe life will be less boring =)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Straightpath)
    Christian alert. Beware. Beware. Christian alert. Beware. Beware.
    Do not approach. Repeat. Do NOT approach

ReputationRep:
    drugs

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by raisin.)
    have you actually made friends/had good experiences doing the opportunities you've found on that site?

i'm always browsing it and have been meaning to start doing some voluntary work for ages, but i'm really scared and ideally want to do something that's at least a little social too.
    Yes, I started a voluntary job last year while I was on the dole. I'm in university now but I still do it because of the people and how good it is - I've been there for just over a year now and I don't regret it .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Straightpath)
    Well last time i heard we only live once, what other life are you referring to

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jermaindefoe)
    drugs
    Your sig is hilarious. Might rep you for it later.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rocki-i)

I haven't done anything new in years, all I do is just work to get somewhere new, then work to get somewhere else.
    SATs, then GCSEs now A levels and then a degree, and then at the end of all of that, I'm just going to be working day in day out for pretty much the rest of my life.
    I come home from doing work, and do more work. Then I got to bed and get up and do more work.

My life is so ******* empty, and I don't know what to do with it. I have loads of hobbies, I'm not a complete loser, I play guitar, I sing, I swim. I have friends, but they don't ever really want to do anything outside of college, so I'm generally doing things by myself.

Excactly how I am feeling.. it's like, I'm gonna work my ass for the next 5 years studying and at the end of it all I'll get some stupid time consuming office job for the rest of my life living the same boring stupid mindless life until I die... what can you do about it though :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by somethingbeautiful)
    Yes, I started a voluntary job last year while I was on the dole. I'm in university now but I still do it because of the people and how good it is - I've been there for just over a year now and I don't regret it .
    aw, glad to hear it.

i'm in a similar situation to your previous one - at university at the moment, but considering dropping out and reappling for next year. i'm planning on getting a part-time job at home too, but i thought it would be the ideal time to actually do something worthwhile as well. thank you - i'm going to seriously investigate it now!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by raisin.)
    aw, glad to hear it.

i'm in a similar situation to your previous one - at university at the moment, but considering dropping out and reappling for next year. i'm planning on getting a part-time job at home too, but i thought it would be the ideal time to actually do something worthwhile as well. thank you - i'm going to seriously investigate it now!
    Good luck! Yeah, my original intention last year was to get a job aswell but because of the recession I couldn't find one - hence the voluntary work. It saved my life! Hope it works out for you too.

ReputationRep:
    draw stuff. travel. just go... being in a place where nothing is normal and nothing is yours except the ground you're standing on is pretty liberating. learn a language? a language = travel, even in a job

ReputationRep:

I find it boring that you would post this crappy thread.You are clearly a spoilt *******. Life is good or bad, depending on how you look at it. So stop being a big fag. :spank:

ReputationRep:
    Art! Draw, write, compose

ReputationRep:

Start a business. That'll take up all your time so it won't be empty and you can do exactly what you want, earn lots of money and decide exactly what you're doing so that you're not doing the same stuff "day in day out".

ReputationRep:
    I was just about to say what mituozo said. I myself have just started a business, and trust me it is fulfilling! Drop me a mail if you want any help with that sort of thing, It's easier than you think.

If not business, set yourself targets. Do you exercise? Take up a new sport. Meet a new girl. Go F***ing bonkers, you only live once so why waste it.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 3, 2010
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.