Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Poll-who Will Win The Next General Election? watch

• View Poll Results: Which party will win then ext General Election?
    Labour
    24.40%
    Conservative
    60.12%
    Liberal Democrats
    10.12%
    British Nationalist Party (BNP)
    5.36%

ReputationRep:
    VOTE PLEASE.

Just need some statistics - but feel free to discuss your views and opinions.

Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    How would stats here be of any help?

The best gauge is Bet Fair

ReputationRep:
    British Nationalist Party? :wtf:

If you're gonna include minority parties, you should include all of the main ones, the Greens, for example, are far more likely to win the GE than the BNP.

And I don't know. Hung parliament might be an interesting outcome :yy:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Democracy)
    British Nationalist Party? :wtf:

If you're gonna include minority parties, you should include all of the main ones, the Greens, for example, are far more likely to win the GE than the BNP.

And I don't know. Hung parliament might be an interesting outcome :yy:
    Hadn't even noticed that

I like that the BNP would will never get a vote are on the list but not the SNP or the welsh lot who will get several.

ReputationRep:
    The Tories, definitely.

People won't vote labour ('Gordon Brown ruined our country!!!! He caused the recession! Labour loves immigrants') etc..
    People won't vote Lib dem ('Nick whoo? Dunno them, let's stick with what we know)
    People won't vote Green ('Don't want some hippies in power')
    Who does that leave? Smiling David Cameron with all his beautiful rhetoric and plans to save us all from the **** ups of Labour.

ReputationRep:
    Lol at the poor sods who voted for Lib. Democrats... it ain't happening.

ReputationRep:
    Should be Labour but it'll end up as a Tory win :sigh:

ReputationRep:
    I voted for conservative as i think their chances of winning is high indeed. As for BNP WTF no way that they will get in power not in milions years!

ReputationRep:
    who WILL win isn't who SHOULD win

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Consilio Et Animis)
    Should be Labour but it'll end up as a Tory win :sigh:
    So it shouldn't be Labour then?

(or are you against democracy?)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Quady)

Sorry I don't understand what you're asking

I'd personally like Labour to win. I think the Conservatives are more likely to win though. Does that answer your question?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Quady)

Britain's a democracy? That's certainly new.

ReputationRep:
    The general election may come earlier than we expect I understand. The British credit rating may be devalued to four stars during the April review, Labour would seek to avoid the backlash of that and would announce an early election according to my teacher.

Conservatives will probably sneek a small working majority under any circumstances, which coalitions do you think would arise if there was a hung parliament?

ReputationRep:
    Where is the Monster Raving Loony Party on this list? :mad:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jeremy_Whiskers)
    Britain's a democracy? That's certainly new.
    An actual democracy is unworkable.

ReputationRep:
    Conservatives and I am really looking forward to them slashing the number of brown and black immigrants washing up on britains shores.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Quady)
    An actual democracy is unworkable.
    I would disagree with that

In regard to the question at hand, the conservatives, although i think it will be a lot closer than many suspect.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jeremy_Whiskers)
    I would disagree with that

In regard to the question at hand, the conservatives, although i think it will be a lot closer than many suspect.
    Who sets the agenda in a true democracy?

ReputationRep:
    Why on earth are folks on these forums so obsessed with the British Neonationalisation Party?

You forgot the 'cranks, fruitloops and closet racists' at UKIP in the poll by the way.

ReputationRep:
    Well i would have hoped anyone but Labour, but Cameron has not exactly come across well lately! and no matter how much Gordon Brown come across as a bumbling fool, I think he will win on pity votes, as now people feel sorry for him and sympathize!

Plus Labour's ideal of appealing to the 'working class' will win lots of votes from immigrants and people on benefits, and people hate Tory's cos they are 'posh men', even if they said we will give out free ice cream to all they wont get voted in cos most of the people in the country people hate the upper classes!

oh and i'd rather a privately educated person, from Eton running our country than someone for a local comprehensive lol, so i don't see how people can criticize his education!

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 19, 2012
Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.