Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Poll-who Will Win The Next General Election? watch

Announcements
  • View Poll Results: Which party will win then ext General Election?
    Labour
    24.40%
    Conservative
    60.12%
    Liberal Democrats
    10.12%
    British Nationalist Party (BNP)
    5.36%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Quady)
    Who sets the agenda in a true democracy?
    Bit of a tame question, clearly the people.

ReputationRep:
    Why is more well known among the UK's population:

Nick Clegg or Nick Gryffindor?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jeremy_Whiskers)
    Bit of a tame question, clearly the people.
    And how would that actually work in practise?

Even if you could decide on a question to put to the people you'd have 60 million different answers.

Lol, it's so obvious the Conservatives will win.

I mean come on! Lots of people have turned their backs on Labour and voted for the "other" party.

Tbh, it's essentially a two-horse race, hell the Conservatives are practically *guaranteed* to win.

But if the Lib Dems win for some reason - :rofl:

If Labour wins - :sigh:

ReputationRep:
    if everyone who thinks, "whats the point of voting for Lib Dem's, they won't win" actually voted for Lib Dems, i bet they would win. they're definately the lesser of the 3 evils

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by effofex)
    Why on earth are folks on these forums so obsessed with the British Neonationalisation Party?

You forgot the 'cranks, fruitloops and closet racists' at UKIP in the poll by the way
    Something only a panicking ethnic would say.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Quady)
    And how would that actually work in practise?

Even if you could decide on a question to put to the people you'd have 60 million different answers.
    I'm sorry, but you're asking me questions about a political system you have pre-supposed i believe in, i don't belief in some sort of referenda-based oddity of a system. If you genuinely wish to enquire into my political beliefs, feel free to PM me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WhiteFairBeauty)
    Something only a panicking ethnic would say.
    What the feck is an ethnic?

Who would panic? - Europhiles I assume.

Actually the 'cranks, fruitloops and closet racists' quote is from Dave Cameron's mouth.

Bored of Stormfront?

ReputationRep:
    What the feck is an ethnic?

Who would panic? - Europhiles I assume.

Actually the 'cranks, fruitloops and closet racists' quote is from Dave Cameron's mouth.

Bored of Stormfront?
    Ethnic as in a non white British citizen. But you already know exactly what I meant by the term 'ethnic'

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jeremy_Whiskers)
    I'm sorry, but you're asking me questions about a political system you have pre-supposed i believe in, i don't belief in some sort of referenda-based oddity of a system. If you genuinely wish to enquire into my political beliefs, feel free to PM me.
    No, just asking how true democracy is workable.

ReputationRep:
    Brown was an excellent Chancellor he knows everything about fiscal policy as he was doing it for 10 years! but Darling is the problem and Brown wants to get ride of him anyway, I believe Labour should remain in power, Conservatives will ruin everything they wouldn't be able to keep the deficit low without working around their traditional views on taxation etc Lib Dems will release all the prisoners and so we should all simply vote Labour because we don't have a choice and as someone said Britain isn't a democracy, we don't even have choice when it comes to voting!

ReputationRep:
    Ethnic as in a non white British citizen. But you already know exactly what I meant by the term 'ethnic'
    No. I don't know what you meant.

Everyone has an ethnicity, regardless of skin complexion.

People with very similar skin complexions can be from many different ethnicities. Surely you are aware of that?

Anyway, why would an 'ethnic' (non white British citizen - according to you) panic because of UKIP?

Very strange logic from you...

ReputationRep:
    the torries, hopefully. Labour really isn't fit for the job, im not saying the torries will fix everything, they wont, but im sure they will do a damn better job than labour. The UK needs a government with at least some hint of balls, and if its the pristine photoshoped balls of David Cameron served on a silver plate we need, then so be it.

ReputationRep:
    No. I don't know what you meant.

Everyone has an ethnicity, regardless of skin complexion.

People with very similar skin complexions can be from many different ethnicities. Surely you are aware of that?

Anyway, why would an 'ethnic' (non white British citizen - according to you) panic because of UKIP?

Very strange logic from you...
    I dont degrade discussion into pedantic, semantics.

ReputationRep:
    We did a similar poll at college and on open evening. We live in an area that has constituencies held by all three of the main parties, so we were expecting quite a balanced vote. But there was an overwhelming consensus that was repeatedly stated throughout the night. Nearly every single person walking into the room said words to the effect of -

"The Conservatives will win, but I won't be voting for them"

Make of that what you will.

Also, Hung Parliament needs to be an option.

ReputationRep:
    Not that I want them to, but the Conservatives will definitely have the biggest majority in the next Parliament (hopefully a simple one which'll force a hung parliament, or another election like in '74).

ReputationRep:
    I dont degrade discussion into pedantic, semantics.
    You can't justify yourself, can you?

Maybe seen help from your supervisors at Stormfront eh?

I saw your neg rep and your comment:

"Whinging brown/black person, please **** off back to where ever you mud coloured people come from.

I am sick of europe looking like pool of white beauty, tarnished by streaks of **** in it.
    "

I won't be leaving Europe. Live with it. By all means attempt to remove me. But if you do I will make it exceptionally bloody for you.

ReputationRep:
    I will be voting Lib Dem,
    Cause if nobody votes for them because they 'don't have a chance', there will be even LESS of a chance of them winning! If people vote for them regardless of their low chances, they might actually have a shot

ReputationRep:
    The Conservatives will win but not very convincingly, is my hopeful prediction. Personally, I'll be voting Liberal Democrat despite disagreeing with quite a few of their policies. This is only because I'm hoping for a hung parliament and the distant dream of proportional representation. Anything that takes votes away from the two main contenders is good for me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Paul Baumer)
    This is only because I'm hoping for a hung parliamen
    That would really mess the UK over, right now any leadership is better than none.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 19, 2012
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.