Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Poll-who Will Win The Next General Election? watch

Announcements
  • View Poll Results: Which party will win then ext General Election?
    Labour
    24.40%
    Conservative
    60.12%
    Liberal Democrats
    10.12%
    British Nationalist Party (BNP)
    5.36%

ReputationRep:
    well i had to vote Liberal for obvious reasons but it's 1-9 that the Tories'll win fo sho! which is not particularity good but a lesser of 2 evils

UKIP should be there ahead of the BNP. :yep:

But er, tory. Anyone saying anything but labour/tory is a dreamer.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CandyFlipper)
    UKIP should be there ahead of the BNP. :yep:

But er, tory. Anyone saying anything but labour/tory is a dreamer.
    So a coalition wont happen then?

(Original post by Quady)
    So a coalition wont happen then?
    Well yeah it might, but the bigger one would be labour or tories, not the lib dems - so I would hardly call that the lib dems winning.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CandyFlipper)
    Well yeah it might, but the bigger one would be labour or tories, not the lib dems - so I would hardly call that the lib dems winning.
    I think the lib dems would call being in coalition a win :P

especially since one of them would occupy No11

(Original post by Quady)
    I think the lib dems would call being in coalition a win :P

especially since one of them would occupy No11
    Well UKIP would call gaining Buckingham a win, but it doesn't mean they should be voted for ahead of labour/tories in this poll. :p:

ReputationRep:
    Currently it looks pretty likely the conservatives will win, although i dont particularly want this.
    A hung parliament would be a really interesting situation...
    Time will tell

ReputationRep:
    I think David Cameron's right on the money with his plans for the country, I'll be voting Tory this year!

Although, anyone but Gordon Brown will do

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Clarkeybabes)
    I think David Cameron's right on the money with his plans for the country, I'll be voting Tory this year!
    What plans?

They haven't even worked out if they'd make budget cuts in their first year...

ReputationRep:
    Rage Against The Machine.

ReputationRep:
    Conservatives. But that doesn't mean they're any good. They just jump on the populus mindset like all the Obama *****. UKIP ftw

And why the **** is BNP even in the poll? which mong made this ****?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Quady)
    What plans?

They haven't even worked out if they'd make budget cuts in their first year...
    Well I haven't read their entire manifesto lol But their plans to reform the benefit system is good!
    And I'm sure they want a cap on immigration, which is what I think everyone wants.

I'm no expert, I mainly just go by what I hear on the news and stuff lol

But like I said, I'd be happy for anyone but Brown

ReputationRep:
    Well I haven't read their entire manifesto lol But their plans to reform the benefit system is good!
    And I'm sure they want a cap on immigration, which is what I think everyone wants.

I'm no expert, I mainly just go by what I hear on the news and stuff lol

But like I said, I'd be happy for anyone but Brown
    Yeah their move to increase the retirement age sooner is good. The rest of the benefit system stuff is exactly the same as Labour.

errrmmmm I've not heard of that...

Everyone wanted Major out (more so than they currently want Brown out), doesn't make the alternative 'better'.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Quady)
    Yeah their move to increase the retirement age sooner is good. The rest of the benefit system stuff is exactly the same as Labour.

errrmmmm I've not heard of that...

Everyone wanted Major out (more so than they currently want Brown out), doesn't make the alternative 'better'.
    Nah I guess you're right. I think people are just sick of politicians in general and it wouldn't surprise me if one of the less mainstream parties got in...purely on a protest vote by the public.

And in relation to the Tory benefit reform, I was under the impression they were wanting to change to way in which people qualified? Meaning that more people could actually work, and less people were able to claim? That may be old...but I'm sure I read/heard that somewhere

ReputationRep:
    Nah I guess you're right. I think people are just sick of politicians in general and it wouldn't surprise me if one of the less mainstream parties got in...purely on a protest vote by the public.

And in relation to the Tory benefit reform, I was under the impression they were wanting to change to way in which people qualified? Meaning that more people could actually work, and less people were able to claim? That may be old...but I'm sure I read/heard that somewhere
    You're right, but people have been saying that since the 80s and it has changed in that direction (bit for a step change with the new deal for instance) and have been expanded on in the Welfare to Work bill. The Tories didn't say anything in concrete.

ReputationRep:
    Who will win? Conservatives.
    Will I vote for them? No.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Quady)
    You're right, but people have been saying that since the 80s and it has changed in that direction (bit for a step change with the new deal for instance) and have been expanded on in the Welfare to Work bill. The Tories didn't say anything in concrete.
    Not that it would have mattered even if they had. It's my understanding that most politicians aren't big on honesty or keeping promises.

ReputationRep:
    Clearly a thread to stir up controversy as you've included BNP alongside the three main parties and no other minority parties...

ReputationRep:
    Not that it would have mattered even if they had. It's my understanding that most politicians aren't big on honesty or keeping promises.
    Apart from Martin Bell obviously.

ReputationRep:
    David Cameron and his cronies all the way xD

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 19, 2012
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.