Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Poll-who Will Win The Next General Election? watch

• View Poll Results: Which party will win then ext General Election?
    Labour
    24.40%
    Conservative
    60.12%
    Liberal Democrats
    10.12%
    British Nationalist Party (BNP)
    5.36%

ReputationRep:
    I'm not entirely convinced that it will be a clear-cut election. Many people are still dubious of the tories, especially with their much talked about public sector cuts. It definitely won't be a landslide victory or anything.
    • Community Assistant
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Wiki Support Team
    Hung parliament, hopefully with no coalitions, so a minority government. Which of the big two will form that is hard to say this early.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jemmmy)
    I will be voting Lib Dem,
    Cause if nobody votes for them because they 'don't have a chance', there will be even LESS of a chance of them winning! If people vote for them regardless of their low chances, they might actually have a shot
    Your logic is sound, but why would anyone want to vote for nick gryffindor?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Necro Defain)
    Your logic is sound, but why would anyone want to vote for nick gryffindor?
    People should vote for the party and their policies, not for the leader.

ReputationRep:
    Conservatives. No way in hell will Labour win a fourth term. So many seats they won in 2005 with double digit majorities over the Conservatives. If the 'postal ballots' had been reduced, I think the Conservatives would have had around 230-240 seats.

That being said, the Conservatives won't 'win' in Scotland. That will either be the SNP or Labour. At best, I wager the Conservatives will gain two Scottish seats (I hope Jim Murphy's), taking their total tally to 3.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Who's N?)
    Where is the Monster Raving Loony Party on this list? :mad:
    I agree Their policies make sense

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Quady)
    Hadn't even noticed that

I like that the BNP would will never get a vote are on the list but not the SNP or the welsh lot who will get several.
    Several? Check the European Elections result in Scotland. The BNP, along with Labour, were left in the dust of the SNP. Winning by 100,000 + votes, and the BNP being nowhere significant.

I think the only parties who may get 'several' votes in Scotland, much to your surprise, is the Conservatives and Liberal Democrats. Along with the BNP. Obviously.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by S.Beall)
    Several? Check the European Elections result in Scotland. The BNP, along with Labour, were left in the dust of the SNP. Winning by 100,000 + votes, and the BNP being nowhere significant.

I think the only parties who may get 'several' votes in Scotland, much to your surprise, is the Conservatives and Liberal Democrats. Along with the BNP. Obviously.
    I was referring to the welsh lot when I said several.

None of that is a surprise to me, why would it be?

Did you just decide to ignore that I referred to the welsh lot or do you not think that welsh politics is important compared to politics in scotland?

ReputationRep:
    I think anybody whose looking at the upcoming election objectively would say that at this moment in time the most likely result would be a hung parliament, with the Conservatives being the largest party. I don’t think the Conservatives have a big enough poll lead to warrant being considered strong favorites in this election. Even though there are a lot of people who are disaffected with Labour there isn’t a strong pro Tory feeling in the country in the way there was for Labour in 1997.

ReputationRep:
    Hung Parliament. Unfortunately, this will likely bring a Conservative/LibDem coalition in my opinion, with Nick Clegg not wanting to cosy up with Labour considering the way people view them at the moment.

In a way, I'd rather Labour won but at the same time, they can't be allowed to continue their current agenda of attacking civil liberties, getting back into bed with the banking sector etc. and so they need a break. The fact that this break, whether it be 5 years or 10 years, has to come with a Conservative administration in its place sickens me.

That said, if I had it my way, none of the options would be in power as they're all pretty shocking.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Muffinz)
    Not that I want them to, but the Conservatives will definitely have the biggest majority in the next Parliament (hopefully a simple one which'll force a hung parliament, or another election like in '74).
    You're misusing the word 'majority'.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JNV)
    I think anybody whose looking at the upcoming election objectively would say that at this moment in time the most likely result would be a hung parliament, with the Conservatives being the largest party. I don’t think the Conservatives have a big enough poll lead to warrant being considered strong favorites in this election. Even though there are a lot of people who are disaffected with Labour there isn’t a strong pro Tory feeling in the country in the way there was for Labour in 1997.
    Labour won a historic landslide in 1997 - not every election is like that. Very few, however, result in hung parliaments.

ReputationRep:
    Lib Dems and BNP voters, get over it, you'll never win in a million years.

:facepalm2:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by L i b)
    You're misusing the word 'majority'.
    I don't think so - there are two types of majority, simple and absolute. A party who wins outright will have an absolute majority (50%+1 as you no doubt know), but anything below that will still be a majority, just a simple one. You see how this works now?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Who's N?)
    Where is the Monster Raving Loony Party on this list? :mad:

Their manifesto is the best

My favourite proposal- " Superglue unruly teenagers together.As the saying goes if you cant beat them you may as well join em "

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bella1996)
    Their manifesto is the best

My favourite proposal- " Superglue unruly teenagers together.As the saying goes if you cant beat them you may as well join em "
    Nice thread resurrection. Especially when the poll is at best flawed, at worst biased.

ReputationRep:
    Thread from the dead

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by effofex)
    Why on earth are folks on these forums so obsessed with the British Neonationalisation Party?

You forgot the 'cranks, fruitloops and closet racists' at UKIP in the poll by the way.
    In what way are UKIP racist? I think you're the crank for making such an assumption. Just because they don't think all immigration is rosy and wonderful doesn't mean they're racist now, does it?

And, yes, I have just realised that this thread is over two years old.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 19, 2012
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.