The Student Room Group

passport countersignature

Hi everyone :smile:

im going on holiday in the easter holidays and i need someone to countersign my passport, the problem is i dont really know anyone "professional" well enough for them to give me their passport details. However, i do know owners of a shops and restaurants and also a factory owner who are really good friends with my parents. As these are not included on the list will it still be fine to use them to countersign my passport application?

Also, some of the above people have same surnames as my surname, even though we are NOT related in anyway, do you think my application will get rejected straight away because of this?

I dont want my passport application to be rejected and i dont want to lose the fee which cant be refunded if it does get rejected

Do you know anyone who is a manager like at work or your parents work. I used my manager at morrisons.
Reply 2
katierattray
Do you know anyone who is a manager like at work or your parents work. I used my manager at morrisons.

well i quit my job a while ago, and i know my mums manager but he has exactly the same surname as me even though hes NOT related, so im not sure if that will mean instant rejection or may cause a delay with my application, do you know? lol

thnx for your reply
Reply 3
I'm not sure but you could just contact the passport office to check what is allowed.
What about teachers? Even if you've left school/college, there should still be someone for you to ask :smile:
Reply 5
Your GP?

Latest