Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

New research discovers how eggs can help you lose weight watch

ReputationRep:
    Having an egg a day may help you to lose weight. There are lots of other benefits to making eggs a regular part a balanced diet.
    Full article: http://www.helium.com/items/1706424-egg-nutrition

ReputationRep:
    Forget the stuff you're told about huge cholesterol levels in eggs - it's actually good for you! Besides, new research suggests they can actually help you to lose weight, improve your insight and increase your general well-being. Read more: http://www.helium.com/items/1706424-egg-nutrition

ReputationRep:
    Oh they're amazing. I do love eggs.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Eggs are fab You need them to make cake. Mmmm.

Well I like a good omlette too.

ReputationRep:
    Ham and Cheese Omelette/Scrambled Eggs :drool:

ReputationRep:
    Old news. Everyone (that is anyone) knows eggs are not bad for you. And you've posted this in the fitness BLOG subforum?

ReputationRep:
    They posted it in the main fitness forum too. This person is some sort of egg spammer. WEIRD.

ReputationRep:
    2 a day for me. Every day. Love em.

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SMed)
    Old news. Everyone (that is anyone) knows eggs are not bad for you. And you've posted this in the fitness BLOG subforum?
    I am talking about the cholesterol debate. Read the article.

(Original post by Arturo Bandini)
    They posted it in the main fitness forum too. This person is some sort of egg spammer. WEIRD.
    I am NOT a spammer! The thread was merged.

ReputationRep:
    As good as eggs are for you I had 105 last week, hardly noticed any weight loss :lol:

But its all good though, eggs are great source of a number of useful macronutrients

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vixen007)
    I am talking about the cholesterol debate. Read the article.
    It's kinda sad that there even IS a 'cholesterol debate'. Dietary cholesterol contributes (according to recent opinion) less than 5% of serum blood cholesterol. About 95% of serum/blood cholesterol levels are produced by your liver. Technically, saturated fats and ESPECIALLY trans fats can stimulate more cholesterol production, but this isn't directly caused by these fats, only really if these are the ONLY types of fats in your diet. If you've got a good mix of saturated, unsaturated, polyunsaturated, omega-3 fats (and reduced omega-6) in your diet, you have nothing to worry about with regards to your blood lipid profiles (cholesterol etc).

Unless you have Familial Hyperprolactinaemia, in which case you're ****** anyway.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SMed)
    It's kinda sad that there even IS a 'cholesterol debate'. Dietary cholesterol contributes (according to recent opinion) less than 5% of serum blood cholesterol. About 95% of serum/blood cholesterol levels are produced by your liver. Technically, saturated fats and ESPECIALLY trans fats can stimulate more cholesterol production, but this isn't directly caused by these fats, only really if these are the ONLY types of fats in your diet. If you've got a good mix of saturated, unsaturated, polyunsaturated, omega-3 fats (and reduced omega-6) in your diet, you have nothing to worry about with regards to your blood lipid profiles (cholesterol etc).

Unless you have Familial Hyperprolactinaemia, in which case you're ****** anyway.
    Dodgy and factious 1960's "scientific research" FTW

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.