Turn on thread page Beta

Want to lose weight and not gain any muscle! watch

ReputationRep:
    I have put on a bit of weight (I tried the pill I am so not going to do that again!) and I want to lose alot of fat.

About a month ago a nurse measured my body fat percentage and its 45% she looked so confused because I do not look fat whatsoever, she also got measured how much fat there is between my organs its only 2% so now I just realised nearly all my fat is under my skin. So I could look much slimmer lol
    So I have been going to the gym for a month, and I just weighed myself. I have not lost a single pound! I am quite pissed cos I just want to lose all the weight I have gained.
    I have another annoying problem I tend to gain muscle really easily and it just makes me look bigger:eek3: , So can anyone suggest an exercise regime so I can purely lose fat and gain no muscle

ReputationRep:
    Hi there! Believe it or not cutting yourself and gaining no muscle mass is easier than you'd think. All you really have to do is perform cardio exercises on a regular base - 3-4 times per week for about 50min. You could do the exercises for 30min for example but then you risk to not lose muscle mass. The secret is in the longer cardio work out.
    Apart from the work out you should put yourself on a food regime. Search the internet for low carbohydrate diet.
    Goog luck. Practice makes perfect.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by beelonzz)
    Hi there! Believe it or not cutting yourself and gaining no muscle mass in easier than you'd think. All you really have to do is perform cardio exercises on a regular base - 3-4 times per week for about 50min. You could do the exercises for 30min for example but then you risk to not lose muscle mass. The secret is in the longer cardio work out.
    Apart from the work out you should put yourself on a food regime. Search the internet for low carbohydrate diet.
    Goog luck. Practice makes perfect.
    Really? longer workout? I thought that would cause me to gain muscle?

ReputationRep:
    Im the same! Im a size 8 on top and size 10 on bottom 5ft 2 and clinically overweight ?! I eat healthaly go to the gym 4 times a week for a 5 km run, kickboxing once a week and walk everywhere but I weigh a hellll offf a lot even though I dont look it, its ridiculous. BUT I CANT LOOOOSE IT ! and my arms are big - exercises to make them not big?

ReputationRep:
    any one?

ReputationRep:
    Don't lift weights if you're that bothered.

But you're always going to gain muscle if exercising, doesn't mean it'll noticable much.

I don't see why you don't want to gain muscle thoguh

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pina.Love)
    I have put on a bit of weight (I tried the pill I am so not going to do that again!) and I want to lose alot of fat.

About a month ago a nurse measured my body fat percentage and its 45% she looked so confused because I do not look fat whatsoever, she also got measured how much fat there is between my organs its only 2% so now I just realised nearly all my fat is under my skin. So I could look much slimmer lol
    So I have been going to the gym for a month, and I just weighed myself. I have not lost a single pound! I am quite pissed cos I just want to lose all the weight I have gained.
    I have another annoying problem I tend to gain muscle really easily and it just makes me look bigger:eek3: , So can anyone suggest an exercise regime so I can purely lose fat and gain no muscle
    :facepalm:

you will not gain any muscle, firstly, it is impossible to lose fat and gain muscle at the same time without steroids or exceptional genetics, secondly do you even know how hard it is to gain muscle? it is very hard, you have to lift heavy weights and eat a ton, esecially considering youre a woman (I assume) it makes it next to impossible for you to look too "muscular" without the use of steroids

if you want to lose fat then eat at a calorie deficit (i.e. burn more calories than you consume) do this by eating a clean diet, low in carbs and doing cardio 3 - 4 times a week while lifting to maintain the muscle you already have.

also, if you really are 45% bodyfat and dont look fat you are probably skinny fat, i.e. you have very little muscle and a lot of fat so in clothes you look normal but you actually have a lot of fat.

(Original post by Kash:))
    Don't lift weights if you're that bothered.

But you're always going to gain muscle if exercising, doesn't mean it'll noticable much.

I don't see why you don't want to gain muscle thoguh
    wrong

Really? longer workout? I thought that would cause me to gain muscle?
    no it won't

cardio will not make you gain any muscle, lifting weights will (as well as eating a ton)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by john87)
    :facepalm:

you will not gain any muscle, firstly, it is impossible to lose fat and gain muscle at the same time without steroids or exceptional genetics, secondly do you even know how hard it is to gain muscle? it is very hard, you have to lift heavy weights and eat a ton, esecially considering youre a woman (I assume) it makes it next to impossible for you to look too "muscular" without the use of steroids

if you want to lose fat then eat at a calorie deficit (i.e. burn more calories than you consume) do this by eating a clean diet, low in carbs and doing cardio 3 - 4 times a week while lifting to maintain the muscle you already have.

also, if you really are 45% bodyfat and dont look fat you are probably skinny fat, i.e. you have very little muscle and a lot of fat so in clothes you look normal but you actually have a lot of fat.

wrong

no it won't

cardio will not make you gain any muscle, lifting weights will (as well as eating a ton)
    er..what is with the facepalm?
    I have already started exercising and I am gainin so much muscle that everyone is commenting on how "butch" I have become, its kinda pissing me off. Hence why I wanted someone to suggest a way to lose weight and gain almost no muscle whatsoever.

I do not lift any weights at all because I am too scared to see how large my arms will become.

ReputationRep:
    er..what is with the facepalm?
    I have already started exercising and I am gainin so much muscle that everyone is commenting on how "butch" I have become, its kinda pissing me off. Hence why I wanted someone to suggest a way to lose weight and gain almost no muscle whatsoever.

I do not lift any weights at all because I am too scared to see how large my arms will become.
    What exercise are you doing then?

ReputationRep:
    Eat less? Or change your diet to include less fatty/bad foods, should help you lose weight whilst stopping you from gaining muscle. Cardio should help too but it sounds like thats what you're doing already.

People who want to gain muscle eat lots of protein so maybe eat less (but thats just a asumption before fitness freaks have a go at me )

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kash:))
    What exercise are you doing then?
    I run on the treadmill for about 15mins, then I go on the bike for 20 mins, then i go on the cross trainer for about 10mins, then I got rowing for 5mins.

ReputationRep:
    You're not staying at the same weight because you're gaining muscle. You're staying the same weight because you're either eating too much or exercising too little. Weight loss is a function of your calorific deficit, simple as.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chumbaniya)
    You're not staying at the same weight because you're gaining muscle. You're staying the same weight because you're either eating too much or exercising too little. Weight loss is a function of your calorific deficit, simple as.
    :nothing: I think I know that already. I have not been eating as much and exercising 5-6 times a week. I would have to eat like and obese person to not be losing weight.

ReputationRep:
    Bascially, don't eat junk at all and watch the weight fall off. It worked for me, I didn't up my exercise either.

ReputationRep:
    man the fitness knowledge on TSR is weak

ReputationRep:
    :nothing: I think I know that already. I have not been eating as much and exercising 5-6 times a week. I would have to eat like and obese person to not be losing weight.
    if you are in a calorie defict and do HIIT cardio you will loose weight and no you won't aqquire muscle, if it was that easy everyone would have low body fat and be tonks.

ReputationRep:
    45% is pretty damn high...Rick Waller was 60% and he's a blob.

ReputationRep:
    Also like to point out that how much you weigh is meaningless really....it's the way you look....people can have much larger bone structures than others that adds a hell of a lot of weight.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hugh-Jackman)
    45% is pretty damn high...Rick Waller was 60% and he's a blob.
    Yh I know it was really high, the woman measured me twice she thought it was broken. She actually told me I didnt look fat at all...grr

ReputationRep:
    So many myths /incorrect info in this thread its unbelievable

1) OP YOU HAVE NOT GAINED ANY MUSCLE & YOU DO NOT GAIN MUSCLE EASILY. if it was that easy to gain muscle 70% of males you see would be walking around like the incredible hulk. If you are not losing weight you are doing something wrong (diet/exercise).

This myth was probably invented by some obese fatty who couldn't lose weight and wanted something to blame it on.

2) 45% bodyfat? and you say your not fat? hmm that was probably a mistake or due to inaccurate body fat measurer. I would bet my house on that figure being incorrect because you would have to be obese to have that much bodyfat.

3) Longer cardio = muscle gain??? WTF?
    When was the last time you saw a long distant runner looking like 50 cent

4) You keep saying your not that fat?
    You are probably fat.

5) You say your friends comment on how butch you are becoming?
    As said before, you are probably fat. Theyre calling you butch and not fat to spare your feelings

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
Will you be tempted to trade up and get out of your firm offer on results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.