Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Want to lose weight and not gain any muscle! watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jbegers)
    So many myths /incorrect info in this thread its unbelievable

1) OP YOU HAVE NOT GAINED ANY MUSCLE & YOU DO NOT GAIN MUSCLE EASILY. if it was that easy to gain muscle 70% of males you see would be walking around like the incredible hulk. If you are not losing weight you are doing something wrong (diet/exercise).

This myth was probably invented by some obese fatty who couldn't lose weight and wanted something to blame it on.

2) 45% bodyfat? and you say your not fat? hmm that was probably a mistake or due to inaccurate body fat measurer. I would bet my house on that figure being incorrect because you would have to be obese to have that much bodyfat.

3) Longer cardio = muscle gain??? WTF?
    When was the last time you saw a long distant runner looking like 50 cent

4) You keep saying your not that fat?
    You are probably fat.

5) You say your friends comment on how butch you are becoming?
    As said before, you are probably fat. Theyre calling you butch and not fat to spare your feelings
    Wow talk about being a ****...

I said that I do not look fat, but I my body fat % was high.
    My friends call me butch cos they can feel the muscles in my arms and legs and it feels hard not flabby, the only thing that is remotely flabby is my stomach.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pina.Love)

My friends call me butch cos they can feel the muscles in my arms and legs and it feels hard not flabby, the only thing that is remotely flabby is my stomach.
    I feel I might be in need of some state of the art IP address-to-GPS system which will allow me to start hunting down and killing members of this forum who continue to post **** in fitness. I swear to god I might actually do it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ellingham)
    man the fitness knowledge on TSR is weak
    Its why I get irritated when 50+ pushups gains the majority of votes in a poll on pushups. I'd be surprised if half the people here could bench press 35kg

ReputationRep:

no. your fat
    your friends are sparing your feelings

the truth hurts

ReputationRep:
    no. your fat
    your friends are sparing your feelings

the truth hurts
    So is a size 10/12 fat??

ReputationRep:
    So is a size 10/12 fat??
    i dont care about you
    im not going to argue with you
    your fat
    have a nice life

ReputationRep:
    i dont care about you
    im not going to argue with you
    your fat
    have a nice life
    ok then gtfo troll and answer give some real info...

ReputationRep:
    ok then gtfo troll and answer give some real info...
    Here's some real info;
    you're fat
    you have no muscle
    just fat
    you don't gain muscle easily
    you're not 'brute'
    you're fat

have a good day

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bishamon)
    Its why I get irritated when 50+ pushups gains the majority of votes in a poll on pushups. I'd be surprised if half the people here could bench press 35kg
    You are sadly mistaken my friend, in the 'how much can you bench' thread everyone was pushing up 60-120kg for reps... :sigh:

ReputationRep:
    I have put on a bit of weight (I tried the pill I am so not going to do that again!) and I want to lose alot of fat.

About a month ago a nurse measured my body fat percentage and its 45% she looked so confused because I do not look fat whatsoever, she also got measured how much fat there is between my organs its only 2% so now I just realised nearly all my fat is under my skin. So I could look much slimmer lol
    So I have been going to the gym for a month, and I just weighed myself. I have not lost a single pound! I am quite pissed cos I just want to lose all the weight I have gained.
    I have another annoying problem I tend to gain muscle really easily and it just makes me look bigger:eek3: , So can anyone suggest an exercise regime so I can purely lose fat and gain no muscle
    First of all, put your working out aside for a while, and think of your diet. If you don't have the will power to start eating well, and less, you won't achieve much with just cardio exercises.

Just Google, read more about diets on losing weights. Start eating well, don't overdo carbs and keep them in complex carbs range, eat protein instead of something else (it won't go to your bodyfat, and it will speed up your metabolism, which makes your body burn fat faster). Don't make a mistake there by shocking your body when cutting the calories, go slowly. Try to keep your body energized, because you need it for your cardio training. Also 2-3 cups of pure green tea is a good thing in your occasion.

Forget about the stuff you used to like eating, now it's vegetables and salads time. You definitely need to read more about the stuff you suppose to eat, because no one on the forum will write as much as you really need to know when trying to stick to the diet. TAnd don't cheat, that'll ruin everything.

After you set up your diet, you can start working out. Also, instead of doing 15mins on every machine, try doing an hour on a treadmill non stop, keeping an eye on your heart rate. This will fasten your body's metabolism for a longer period of time.

Good luck!

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.