Turn on thread page Beta

Too clingy or she doesn't care? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    To me, it doesn't sound like this relationship is working out great... i mean- you really need to go out and do different things together, i don't believe a relationship can simply depend on the two people- it gets boring. Also, it doesnt sound like she's all that commited to me, i mean i understand if she was busy with work and so on, but if you've arranged somethin and then she gets an invite from some friends and cancels you... that just about says how commited she is. I would talk to he about it and ask her how she really feels about the relationship. To me, she doesnt deserve you if she's being the way she is, you should find someone else worthy of you Girls aren't THAT busy... if they really want to see someone, they'll find the time. I mean, i like my space and i don't really like very clingy blokes but i don't think your being that clingy tbh.. have a chat to her and take it from there, good luck with it all

(Original post by kitty09)
    To me, it doesn't sound like this relationship is working out great... i mean- you really need to go out and do different things together, i don't believe a relationship can simply depend on the two people- it gets boring. Also, it doesnt sound like she's all that commited to me, i mean i understand if she was busy with work and so on, but if you've arranged somethin and then she gets an invite from some friends and cancels you... that just about says how commited she is. I would talk to he about it and ask her how she really feels about the relationship. To me, she doesnt deserve you if she's being the way she is, you should find someone else worthy of you Girls aren't THAT busy... if they really want to see someone, they'll find the time. I mean, i like my space and i don't really like very clingy blokes but i don't think your being that clingy tbh.. have a chat to her and take it from there, good luck with it all
    Just a general question and not a great one at that but, like, how long do most people (or how often) see their partner? Like you for example; how long did you see your boyfriend a week?

I mean we see each other once a week although, ok, when we do actually see each other it'll probably be for like 6-8 hours which is quite a lot. It's just that I'd probably rather split that up rather than see her a lot in ONE day and then not see her at all for a week. Or maybe I'm asking for too much - don't know cause it's my first relationship so I have nothing to base it on.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Just a general question and not a great one at that but, like, how long do most people (or how often) see their partner? Like you for example; how long did you see your boyfriend a week?

I mean we see each other once a week although, ok, when we do actually see each other it'll probably be for like 6-8 hours which is quite a lot. It's just that I'd probably rather split that up rather than see her a lot in ONE day and then not see her at all for a week. Or maybe I'm asking for too much - don't know cause it's my first relationship so I have nothing to base it on.
    Dude, every relationship is different. Me and my girlfriend will generally chill (outside of school) once or twice a week. Whereas I have a friend who sees his girlfriend literally every day. They haven't not seen eachother EVERY DAY since theyve been going out (for 9 months now). For me, that's a bit much, but for them it works.

I would suggest making your own free time a bit busier. It sounds hard, but it gets easier. The way I did it was talking to new people at school, doing extra work for my studies (cool, I know) and just arranging stuff with my other friends. I also started a diary, literally just to take up half an hour or so every evening, and fill some time.
    Hobbies are always good. Just stuff that makes your time alone more interesting, it'll help with thinking about her less and also be nice for you to have plenty to do when you're not with eachother.

Good luck again!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)

To be honest with you- I don't think you're asking for too much at all! She is your girlfriend... Every relationship is different but I saw my boyfriend about three times a week- say maybe a tuesday, friday and sunday or something like that for half a day or the evening But we never structured it- we just saw each other when we fancied. I just think you need to have a talk about it with her and see how she is feeling, and tell her how you're feeling- see what comes of that Also it would depend on the distance to how much you saw your gf/bf i suppose but me and my ex lived in the same town. Hope that was of some help

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 8, 2010
Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.