Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    hiya

do you?

ReputationRep:
    I've always worked hard in every job I've had. For the most part, because that's what I've been paid for, but now in my career because I enjoy it so much as well.

Very much.

ReputationRep:
    If you do a half-arsed job, they'll simply fire you.

So it kind of defeat the purpose. Why hire an employee who does not do the job?:confused:

ReputationRep:
    depends on which stage my life is at

ReputationRep:
    I like to feel like I've earned my money.

Plus when you work hard you get greater satisfaction out of it, and will have a better reference for the future.

ReputationRep:
    I work very hard at me job. I'm a care assistant and work twice as hard as I should have to because some of the people I work with don't really care. It makes the work for the majority of us that do care harder than it should be to provide good care.

ReputationRep:
    Yes I do care, but I probably wouldn't if I didn't like my job.

ReputationRep:
    Currently unemployed, but in my last job [damn, nearly a year ago now!] at Debenhams I tried really hard at first, and then saw how broken management was and how ineffective half of my colleagues were. At that point, I just did it for the money and only did what I was asked to do. Occasionally I'd get a nice customer who I felt like helping, but not for the benefit of the company - simply to genuinely help the customer. Hell, sometimes I'd just tell people to go buy the same thing for half the price in Argos, given how ******* expensive Debenhams is.

ReputationRep:
    I have a minimum 'trying line' where I have to work harder than that if I want to feel as if I've actually done something. I always try to do a good job in whatever I do.

ReputationRep:
    Yup, but only because I don't want to get into trouble/get sacked.

ReputationRep:
    I'll work hard if I get appreciated by the management staff. If not then I tend to piss about a bit.

ReputationRep:
    I work hard in my current job because I like it, and it will lead me to what I want to do with the rest of my life.

In previous jobs doing menial thoughtless labour, I put in the minimum amount of effort needed to get by, and consequently was never particularly popular with my employers. I just couldn't be arsed pretending I cared about those pointless jobs.

Poll
Do protests make a difference in political decisions?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.